Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

Default Re: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

Right now I would say basketball is #1. That Oklahoma win just created a huge buzz. Both the KU game and Gonzaga had moments were everyone was paying attention. I mean seriously Dex was trending on twitter, if you had told me that when he signed here I would have been like you are crazy. The Big dance just draws so many people in, casual sports fans.

I think for Wentz to overtake that, he would need to be a top 10 pick but if he is viewed as 3rd or 4th best QB I don't know. If somehow he sneaks into that upper echelon it would be a tidal wave of coverage.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

My measure is (eyeballs + eardrums) x minutes^.5.

Does Carson being a first round draft pick make the top 5?

Game Day: 1.5 million x 30 minutes? ~7.5
    Tournament Bracket: 40 million x 1 minute? ~40
    Carson: 30 million x 2 minutes? ~45 (just immediately during the draft)
    NDSU v. UNI: 1.6 million x 180 minutes? ~ 20

On further review, I don't think it's even close. Carson may have this.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    My measure is (eyeballs + eardrums) x minutes^.5.

Does Carson being a first round draft pick make the top 5?

Game Day: 1.5 million x 30 minutes? ~7.5
    Tournament Bracket: 70 million x 2 minutes? ~100
    Carson: 30 million x 2 minutes? ~45
    NDSU v. UNI: 1.6 million x 180 minutes? ~ 20
    I think your greatly over valuing the non basketball fans and soccer mom's filling out a bracket. Besides some pretty shitty teams make the tournament every year like every school in the Big Sky. The Oklahoma State win didn't have that many viewers and the Gonzaga had slightly more than UNI on espn. I think the real value is when you have Charles Barkley talking about us!

Remember when it was a huge deal to have Ben Woodside scoring vs Oakland as the lead story? Heck thr Sportscenter On The Road had more views than that and some amazing content. We've come along ways.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think your greatly over valuing the non basketball fans and soccer mom's filling out a bracket. Besides some pretty shitty teams make the tournament every year like every school in the Big Sky. The Oklahoma State win didn't have that many viewers and the Gonzaga had slightly more than UNI on espn. I think the real value is when you have Charles Barkley talking about us!

Remember when it was a huge deal to have Ben Woodside scoring vs Oakland as the lead story? Heck thr Sportscenter On The Go had more views than that and some amazing content
    Who is Charles Barkley?

Frink_400x400.jpg
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

The real value is that everyone is paying attention to it. There are tons of games on so no single game gets huge ratings early but that one upset is talked about everywhere.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Who is Charles Barkley?
    Knarles Barkleys cousin.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't forget the March Madness selection show on Sunday afternoon. Brent Gumbel and partners announcing the brackets on CBS to 10+ million viewers. The last two years in a row NDSU has been announced. Also, I read somewhere that 75 million people complete the NCAA Basketball Tournament bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The real value is that everyone is paying attention to it. There are tons of games on so no single game gets huge ratings early but that one upset is talked about everywhere.
    I agree but let's face it you probably can't name 50% of the teams in the tournament last year. Heck I had to think hard about who played in the Championship game and I still don't remember who was in the final 4.

I think it's got to be Gameday. Everything else is a 1 minute blip or sportcenter highlight, Gameday is a basically a 3hr NDSU infomercial!

I agree but let's face it you probably can't name 50% of the teams in the tournament last year. Heck I had to think hard about who played in the Championship game and I still don't remember who was in the final 4.
    Name 16 of the first round draft picks from last year.