Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

Default Re: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

Publicity is not what we think, but what the public thinks. By the time it is all said and done, I think the Wentz thing will be #1. Tourney win over Oklahoma was previous #1, and K st. win would be next.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

Quote Originally Posted by The_Herd View Post
    .....EVERYONE knows Flacco went to Deleware.
    Uh, no. There are limited people who know that connection. You should really expand your sample size.
    Insert something clever here...

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Trust me, it is all coincidence!!

When is your estimated graduation date?
    When their championship streak ends, then my college run ends

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What is the biggest accomplishment and/or publicity that NDSU has ever had. I think Wentz's rise to the top off the NFL draft could potentially be the highest yet. I'd rank them:

#1 - Wentz's current and potential draft coverage (3 months straight of coverage on ESPN, NFL Network, etc..)
    #2 - The 2 College Gamedays and SC On The Road
    #3 - 5 Straight National Championships
    #4 - March Madness appearances vs KU and Gonzaga with the win over Oklahoma
    #5 - Wins over FBS opponents (K State, Iowa St, Minnesota, etc..)
    #6 - FCS Playoff games on ESPN
    #7 - The early basketball wins over Wisconsin and Marquette

It's almost unbelievable that all of this has happened in the last ten years when you lay it all out there. Feel free to rank them yourself or remind me of something I forgot.
    I couldn't help but notice that items 2 thru 7 all have multiple accomplishments lumped together. Think about that for just a moment....
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I'd rank 3&5 as 1&2. I know people out of state who know all about NDSU's football success. Basketball is a thing for a week and then gone. Few people out of state probably know about our tourney win. Lots of people know about us taking down the big boys in football. Imo The effects of beating Kstate is much longer lasting/farther reaching than beating the Sooners in an early round basketball game

Meh... Might vary in some locations but whenever I get to talking to strangers about NDSU, first thing comes up is Kansas game in 09 and the OU win in 2013. Haven't been out of the area much since Gonzaga showing. Most knew about those games as we are fortunate most are big names that people pay attention to year after year. I usually have to take a tangent with people and say well we're really a football first school and have won 13 national championships! And people just kind of blank stare at me in a manner like I just told them Santa does really exist!!

EVERYONE knows Flacco went to Deleware.
    Random: He started at Pitt.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Uh, no. There are limited people who know that connection. You should really expand your sample size.
    I meant it in terms of nationally a lot of people forget about FCS in general, and March Madness is a big deal that a lot of people follow but it comes and goes, but NFL is king and the Draft is huge and if your a top 10 pick at QB in the draft you're going to be discussed in a way those other things aren't. We're frequently reminded that Flacco is a small school guy and where he went, we don't always remember that Deleware was in the Big Dance in 2014. Depending on success, a good NFL QB carries around a lot of legitimate recognition.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Meh... Might vary in some locations but whenever I get to talking to strangers about NDSU, first thing comes up is Kansas game in 09 and the OU win in 2013. Haven't been out of the area much since Gonzaga showing. Most knew about those games as we are fortunate most are big names that people pay attention to year after year. I usually have to take a tangent with people and say well we're really a football first school and have won 13 national championships! And people just kind of blank stare at me in a manner like I just told them Santa does really exist!!
    Opposite experiences based on who we know I guess. Stepping back I guess also that I know more people who are college football fans than college basketball fans. Time for a random survey poll: Do you know any of NDSU's athletic accomplishments? I'm guessing more people will know of football than one BBall game but I don't care enough about it to undertake a survey either

The only reason I would put Carson and the draft at #1 is because news and hype leading up to the draft last 3 months!! NDSU has done some pretty amazing stuff since moving up to DI, but potentially having an NDSU quarterback be drafted in the first round is so far beyond what I though possible it's not even funny.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

#1 WITH A BULLET NDSU WIN vs OKLAHOMA in the BIG DANCE was on every tv/radio station for a FULL news cycle, EVERYWHERE!

What is the biggest accomplishment and/or publicity that NDSU has ever had. I think Wentz's rise to the top off the NFL draft could potentially be the highest yet. I'd rank them:

#1 - Wentz's current and potential draft coverage (3 months straight of coverage on ESPN, NFL Network, etc..)
    #2 - The 2 College Gamedays and SC On The Road
    #3 - 5 Straight National Championships
    #4 - March Madness appearances vs KU and Gonzaga with the win over Oklahoma
    #5 - Wins over FBS opponents (K State, Iowa St, Minnesota, etc..)
    #6 - FCS Playoff games on ESPN
    #7 - The early basketball wins over Wisconsin and Marquette

It's almost unbelievable that all of this has happened in the last ten years when you lay it all out there. Feel free to rank them yourself or remind me of something I forgot.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?