Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

Default Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

What is the biggest accomplishment and/or publicity that NDSU has ever had. I think Wentz's rise to the top off the NFL draft could potentially be the highest yet. I'd rank them:

#1 - Wentz's current and potential draft coverage (3 months straight of coverage on ESPN, NFL Network, etc..)
    #2 - The 2 College Gamedays and SC On The Road
    #3 - 5 Straight National Championships
    #4 - March Madness appearances vs KU and Gonzaga with the win over Oklahoma
    #5 - Wins over FBS opponents (K State, Iowa St, Minnesota, etc..)
    #6 - FCS Playoff games on ESPN
    #7 - The early basketball wins over Wisconsin and Marquette

It's almost unbelievable that all of this has happened in the last ten years when you lay it all out there. Feel free to rank them yourself or remind me of something I forgot.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

I'd put #4 at or near the top. Everyone in my office fills out a bracket, even non-sports-fans.

Default Re: Bison Publicity/Accomplishments Ranked - Wentz's Draft Coverage #1????

Basketball win against Boomer Sooner #1. Same reason as LikeMothers
    College of Business Alumnus

Finishing #17 Sagarin in 2013 FB is noteworthy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd rank 3&5 as 1&2. I know people out of state who know all about NDSU's football success. Basketball is a thing for a week and then gone. Few people out of state probably know about our tourney win. Lots of people know about us taking down the big boys in football. Imo The effects of beating Kstate is much longer lasting/farther reaching than beating the Sooners in an early round basketball game

They are all big and Gameday is a product of all of them.

I would put the five peat on top. Wouldn't have gotten game day without the repeat/3 peat or the Kstate win which is huge too. But considering they announced they are coming back after the 5 peat without an FBS win, it's fair to say it's the big reason.

Although I LOVE thr basketball wins, I'll be in the minority but I think the basketball wins rank much lower. Every year someone knocks off someone in thr 2nd round. Would need to go to the Sweet 16 to come close to football. Teams beat Big Ten teams all the time. Ask USD and SDSU.

The NFL stuff is am added bonus but I would put it at the bottom but it'd still impressive and important for future recruiting.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think if Carson is going to be a top 2 QB in the draft that having NDSU attached to his name for now and any success in the future is invaluable. Some people follow fcs and college football, some people follow college basketball, EVERYONE knows Flacco went to Deleware.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Herd View Post

#1 - Wentz's current and potential draft coverage (3 months straight of coverage on ESPN, NFL Network, etc..)
    #2 - The 2 College Gamedays and SC On The Road
    #3 - 5 Straight National Championships
    #4 - March Madness appearances vs KU and Gonzaga with the win over Oklahoma
    #5 - Wins over FBS opponents (K State, Iowa St, Minnesota, etc..)
    #6 - FCS Playoff games on ESPN
    #7 - The early basketball wins over Wisconsin and Marquette
    When I started college in 2005. I would not have guessed all of this would have happened. I am really proud to be a Bison.

Five straight national championships that no one else at any level has accomplished has to be #1. If we don't win next year no one can take that away---if someone else eventually does it they will be known as #2.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    When I started college in 2005. I would not have guessed all of this would have happened. I am really proud to be a Bison.
    Trust me, it is all coincidence!!

When is your estimated graduation date?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.