Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Another option for 9/3 game (opening weekend)

Default Another option for 9/3 game (opening weekend)

I had mentioned the fact that Jacksonville state had announced a few months ago that they were looking for a game opening weekend and were willing to accept a guarantee.

There appears to be another "name" opponent available. - Sam Houston State

It has been announced that South Dakota will play at New Mexico on Sept 3 (replacement for Cal who is playing Hawaii in Australia). Sam Houston State was originally scheduled to play on Sept 3.

If this is the game, it is probably a home and home with a return to Texas in 2018 or 2019 (which is a 12 game season)

Default Re: Another option for 9/3 game (opening weekend)

With games vs Eastern Washington an Iowa already on the non conference schedule, I would think a cupcake like Incarnate Word or Delaware St will be coming to Fargo.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

id like SHSU or Jax st both would be cupcake compared to MVF, either way get the FCS kickoff with this date instead of EW.

ps. lets make it a gameday too

SHSU and JSU are not cupcakes

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    SHSU and JSU are not cupcakes
    Respectfully disagree. Both teams get blanked. Again.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

SHSU has been to the dome before so I think the atmosphere wouldn't get to them like it did the first time. JSU had trouble in Frisco, where it was loud, but wasn't anywhere near dome loud. They come into the dome and I figure you see 4-5 false starts and maybe a couple of delay of games.

It would not be pretty. SHSU might give us a game, but they still didn't have much of a defense most of last year. So... neither are 'yawn and ignore' but if the Bison come in and play Bison football, either of those teams leave with the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    SHSU has been to the dome before so I think the atmosphere wouldn't get to them like it did the first time. JSU had trouble in Frisco, where it was loud, but wasn't anywhere near dome loud. They come into the dome and I figure you see 4-5 false starts and maybe a couple of delay of games.

It would not be pretty. SHSU might give us a game, but they still didn't have much of a defense most of last year. So... neither are 'yawn and ignore' but if the Bison come in and play Bison football, either of those teams leave with the loss.
    Are there any SHSU players left from that trip? I was of the understanding that they bring in FBS cast aways for one season at a time.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Bring on bama!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Bring on bama!
    You should make this into a sign.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    You should make this into a sign.
    Fargo Forum already did for him.

As to weather SHSU is bringing anyone back from that trip, as long as the coaches are still around, there's something. But I would think there would be a few players, at least.