Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Valley teams could beat JSU?

Default Re: How many Valley teams could beat JSU?

NDSU
    ISUr
    SDSU
    UNI

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

JSU isn't yet championship caliber but I'm glad that program is on the uptick. Hopefully they can somewhat pull the OVC up with them. As long as NDSU is going to be FCS I would love to see some other conferences step up their play

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jax State had a poor first half, and are a better team than those here are giving them credit for. If you take their 2nd half performance for the entire game, it would have been a better game. Soft? No, they didn't play soft in the 2nd half.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You say that, but do you think they would last the grind of that physicality week after week. They were big but I think it would wear them down.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Jax State had a poor first half, and are a better team than those here are giving them credit for. If you take their 2nd half performance for the entire game, it would have been a better game. Soft? No, they didn't play soft in the 2nd half.
    Our O either coasted or had a pretty bad 2nd half. This is JSU logic.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well... the following teams would beat jacksonville state

NDSU
    South Dakota State
    South Dakota
    Western Illinois
    Youngstown State
    Illinois State

probably could beat them
    Southern Illinois
    Indiana State

Could not beat them
    Missouri State

If the soft finesse Jacksonville State team played in the Missouri Valley and had to take a physical beating week after week after week...they would be wiped out. Their soft players were dropping like flies and cramping up like a teenage girl.
    Apparently you heard the menstrual cramps chant from my section when a couple of Cocks were down for the count

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We destroyed WIU who made the playoffs and beat UNI. We dominated SDSU at their place We smoked the Spiders a week after they took out the Redbirds.

Give JSU some credit, they'd be fine in the MVFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Was JSU so bad, or did we play that well? You do realize that the more you yak about how worthless your opponent is, the more negatively it reflects on your teams performance or overall strength...right? They were in the fing championship game, maybe they deserve a little credit regardless of a better bracket. We played outstanding, made them look average...good enough in my book

Hard to say. They ran into a buzz saw and looked shocked for the entire first half. They definitely looked overmatched. From what I saw in the title game, UNI, ISUr, and possibly SDSU.

JSU, no matter what their coaches and players say, got their asses handed to them. We most certainly played tougher teams this season.

I was totally disappointed in how much JSU sucked. I bought into the hype and was actually enjoying having some anxiety going into the game, but by the end of the first quarter, it was clear that JSU was nothing but another overmatched FCS cupcake. NDSU, UNI, SDSU, and ISUR pound JSU every time. Every other Valley team except MSU beat them at least 6 out of 10 times.