Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effect of Construction at Toyota Stadium on Championship Seating?

Default Effect of Construction at Toyota Stadium on Championship Seating?

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...o-through-2020

http://www.bigdsoccer.com/2015/9/21/...y-reduced-2016

Appologies if this has been discussed elsewhere...

This article says that during the construction at Toyota stadium seating will be reduced by approximately 4,000 seats. Anyone know if this is going to effect the FCS championship games for those years?

The NCAA article announcing the extension mentions the improvement projects but doesn't state anything about a reduction in seating during construction like the other article does.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 01-11-2016 at 07:32 PM.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Effect of Construction at Toyota Stadium on Championship Seating?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl...o-through-2020

http://www.bigdsoccer.com/2015/9/21/...y-reduced-2016

Appologies if this has been discussed elsewhere...

This article says that during the construction at Toyota stadium seating will be reduced by approximately 4,000 seats. Anyone know if this is going to effect the FCS championship games for those years?
    The south end zone addition will for sure remove a lot of regular seats. 4K sounds like a lot though. Not sure how much will be added with club area and suites.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Dom Izzo tweeted this on Friday. https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...25325262884864 looks like a good chunk of seats off the your portion of the end zone sections, some of the seats staying might be routed off as a buffer zone.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    The south end zone addition will for sure remove a lot of regular seats. 4K sounds like a lot though. Not sure how much will be added with club area and suites.
    Article almost makes it sound like the reduction is only temporary for 2016 and 2017 due to construction. Just looking for if anyone has seen any official word on what effect all of this would have on the FCS Championship games those year and beyond.

4k fewer tickets would be a big deal.

The south endzone for the most part will be covered by a large oning type structure, with suites above. A hotel is planned to also help enclos the south east corner of the stadium and it is thought that patio and viewing decks would be added to those rooms and floors looking directly into the stadium. Would make for a sweet environment.

But are we going to see any of the future FCS championship games effected by the construction? Article says it will be 4000 less for the 2016 2017 seasons.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are there plans to do anything to the north end of that stadium? That's the end to me that seems like wasted space.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

I think the article was reffering more to the soccer season, its a weird schedule they play. And I haven't seen any future plans to change the north side...I agree with you it is kind of wasted space, but we have to rememebr...the stadium is used the least ammount for football. That north end is perfect for large concerts. The upgrades that are already planned to take place will drastically improve the venue tho. It will continue to be a great venue for the FCS championship.

Heard Mayor Masso say on the radio that there would be no impact on seating for FCS Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsGrizFan View Post
    I think the article was reffering more to the soccer season, its a weird schedule they play. And I haven't seen any future plans to change the north side...I agree with you it is kind of wasted space, but we have to rememebr...the stadium is used the least ammount for football. That north end is perfect for large concerts. The upgrades that are already planned to take place will drastically improve the venue tho. It will continue to be a great venue for the FCS championship.
    What's weird about the MLS schedule?

It's Spring to Fall which isn't standard for soccer but they can't compete with american football on a Fall to Spring schedule.

They play their tournament at the end of the season which is also not a soccer thing but is what every other major North American professional league does.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie