Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to the 2016 Bison

Default Re: Looking ahead to the 2016 Bison

Quote Originally Posted by Nel360 View Post
    I see the championship game in Jan 7th, 2017
    With all we have coming back, we should start the year at #1. MVFC will be tough as always, and Iowa will be an awesome test. YSU/UNI should be really good, ISUr/SDSU will be solid at worst, and ISUb/WIU should be good as well.

After next year depends on recruiting and player development, something we are obviously very good at. OL and LB will lose quite a bit after next year. It'll be fun to see who the youngsters are that earn playing time and develop into the next wave of contributors.

We will be potentially very good again. The front 7 and Oline will be a strength, assuming we can fill the LT spot which is the biggest question mark. The 2nd biggest question mark is at corner back. It's Jalen Allisons time to have a great off season and become our next shut down corner. We also need to find another slot corner. Dakota Reid seems to have potential to replace Champion. I'm really hopeful Dom Davis has a great offseason. Maybe Quentin McCoy will have a great offseason. We also have a good true freshman coming in if we can close the deal.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

what are the chances we lose any coaches? That happens about this time of year right?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We will be potentially very good again. The front 7 and Oline will be a strength, assuming we can fill the LT spot which is the biggest question mark. The 2nd biggest question mark is at corner back. It's Jalen Allisons time to have a great off season and become our next shut down corner. We also need to find another slot corner. Dakota Reid seems to have potential to replace Champion. I'm really hopeful Dom Davis has a great offseason. Maybe Quentin McCoy will have a great offseason. We also have a good true freshman coming in if we can close the deal.
    I think Lechler is listed as Haeg's backup. Granted RT is a bit different than LT, but I am confident Landon will do just fine. Total guess is that Lechler starts at LT and Plankers at RT. But we also have had success starting young offensive lineman in the past also. So it wouldn't surprise me if one of our younger lineman start also.

Here's the "Way too Early" preview at BisonReport

http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...-early-preview

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    Here's the "Way too Early" preview at BisonReport

http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...-early-preview
    Fun read. Plugs true FR Sean Engel (6' 5") in at WR on his too-early
    2-deep roster. Also mentions Jacksonville State as someone with
    Sept 3 open next season. ButtLSU??? ..... (Already on JSU's schedule)
    How 'bout Coastal Carolina?
    They need games, with their transition to Div I. Could even do a
    home-and-home with them and have a FBS game in the future that way.

Craig Haley has his sneak-peek at 2016 FCS football out.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...40359528299004

Eastern Washington is at #13. Here is Haley's paragraph on them.
    The Eagles have some rebuilding to do on offense.

13. Eastern Washington (6-5, 5-3 Big Sky; 2015 final ranking: unranked) - Let's go 13 in case it all turns unlucky for the Big Sky power. Unstoppable wide receiver Cooper Kupp, the national offensive player of the year, seeks to complete one of the greatest careers in FCS history. Quarterbacks Jordan West and Reilly Hennessey will battle for the starting job - the winner gaining from depth in the skill positions with the likes of wide receivers Kendrick Bourne and Shaq Hill and running back Jabari Wilson. But coach Beau Baldwin must replace seven seniors on the offensive line - yikes - and is still trying to get a stronger defense to match the high-scoring offense. This past season's young unit must grow up quickly behind senior defensive end Samson Ebukam. The non-conference schedule (at Washington State and North Dakota State and versus Northern Iowa) is probably too tough. FBS opponent: Washington State
    Last edited by bruinbison; 01-12-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    what are the chances we lose any coaches? That happens about this time of year right?
    Fire Polasek, save next year.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2016 isn't difficult to see we will be awesome and FCS is yet again screwed in every facet of the game (punter TBD but you have to be excited by who we are recruiting). Super excited for next year and the new players that are on their way to earning playing time on the deepest and most prestigious roster in FCS football.

Now, 2017: Offensive tackle will be a top priority. We don't have those players identified this early yet (1.7 years away) and I am slightly concerned about it with Lechler and Plankers gone. LB will be in good shape as long as a stud backup MLB emerges in 2016 (Nobody will completely replace DeLuca, but once upon a time we had to replace Joe Mays and Grant Olson). We have so many LB guys that already deserve playing time as freshman, I'm confident things will turn out like MJ and PGT on the outside spots.

So, if we can find 2 outstanding OT's out of the 2014 and 2015 classes, 2017 could easily be the best Bison team ever. Big if on the tackles, but i like the chances.

Young Zach will start at left tackle next year.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I'm very excited to see the continued growth and maturity on the defensive side of the ball.

This defensive unit is really playing well, and will return many leaders.

I really like how quiet and gracious DeLuca is in these post game interviews. They have played "lights-out" and #49 just gives credit to his team mates and the coaching staff; BISON PRIDE.

Will be fun to watch all the recruits firm up on commitments and learn from this solid group.

As history has proven, the coaching staff and off season conditioning will only build this unit stronger.