Page 66 of 293 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa

Default Re: Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Hawkeyes have a very powerful running game. They consistently ran for 6-5 yards every play against their big 10 opponents last year. Near the endzone it was mostly a QB draw or RB carring the ball for a TD. This will be the toughest game our D-Line has ever played.

We will have a hard time establishing our run game. I dont think Easton will be able to run like he did last year against Missouri Valley opponents, so we need to have good throwing strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Yes- spread it out. Only run if it is working right away and every time.

No way NDSU can stick to the run and beat a quality big 12, er Big 10 team that plays this brand of football.
    No, you have to stick to the run even if it's not working so it will work later in the game. Even though they are physical, we can still wear then down in the 2nd half. If we try to fling the ball around vs them and be something were not, they will beat us. Run the ball with lots of play action and dink and dunk. Basically the same stuff we do every week. The defense is going to have to play a great game.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    No, you have to stick to the run even if it's not working so it will work later in the game. Even though they are physical, we can still wear then down in the 2nd half. If we try to fling the ball around vs them and be something were not, they will beat us. Run the ball with lots of play action and dink and dunk. Basically the same stuff we do every week. The defense is going to have to play a great game.
    Back to the K-State gameplan. I don't think Brock threw a pass over 15 yards the whole game.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

You might want to do some research on their S&C coach.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Hawkeyes have a very powerful running game. They consistently ran for 6-5 yards every play against their big 10 opponents last year. Near the endzone it was mostly a QB draw or RB carring the ball for a TD. This will be the toughest game our D-Line has ever played.

We will have a hard time establishing our run game. I dont think Easton will be able to run like he did last year against Missouri Valley opponents, so we need to have good throwing strategy.

No way NDSU can stick to the run and beat a quality big 12, er Big 10 team that plays this brand of football.
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You might want to do some research on their S&C coach.
    I don't follow. Are they so elite they cannot possibly be worn down? Theyve lost almost 30 games since 2011.
    Or are they trained by Richard Simmons?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

I don't follow. Are they so elite they cannot possibly be worn down? Theyve lost almost 30 games since 2011.
    They are big10. What more can be said?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Of course you dont follow. Youre a moron and You think they lost those games because of training?
    But as I posted--you need to do some research on the S/C coach. Hes considered elite. Its one of the reasons they dont platoon.
    After all these year you certainly havent got any smarter.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Of course you dont follow. Youre a moron and You think they lost those games because of training?
    But as I posted--you need to do some research on the S/C coach. Hes considered elite. Its one of the reasons they dont platoon.
    After all these year you certainly havent got any smarter.
    I never said they lost the games because of training. I said we need to stick to the run, even if it's not working because the short runs that go for 1 or 2 in the 1st quarter will go for longer in the 4th quarter.

I dont give a fuck if he's elite. We have the ability to wear their asses down if we control the clock and keep their defense on the field.

It's worked vs every team we've played. No need to change it.

I think you are insulting Kramer and our Rams who are as big and athletic as anyone.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I side with Herdbot. Seems like someone else is getting a solewhat big eyed over the Hawkeyes.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

You're obviously new around Bison football.