Page 51 of 293 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa

Default Re: Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I hope you're right because CSU is an up and coming, athletic, talented, hungry bunch and EWU almost always plays their big non-con opponents tough. I'll be happy if we roll anyone on our non-conference schedule because it's a tough schedule. Kupp is the biggest single player challenge our new corners will face all season.
    Hope?

Kupp is a great player but he cannot play defense. CS will be overwhelmed by the power game.

EWU will be a 3 TD win and CS will be about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Hope?

Kupp is a great player but he cannot play defense. CS will be overwhelmed by the power game.

And it would be worse if we didn't have to stay vanilla to keep the Hawks in the dark

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hope?

CSU will be an interesting TOP grinder pitting the two best possession teams in FCS against each other

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hope?

As many minutes as that defense is going to have to play they may need Kupp to come in and give them a few snaps on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    And it would be worse if we didn't have to stay vanilla to keep the Hawks in the dark

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Probably.

Some are "worried" on here about the first 2 games but IMO, neither one will be close. EWU's defense is horrible and the Bison defense will be up to the task of slowing down Kupp. I watched CSU a couple of times last year and they are decent but are in no way in the same class as the Bison. They have an undersized OL and DL.....I like the Bison by a lot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    As many minutes as that defense is going to have to play they may need Kupp to come in and give them a few snaps on defense.

EWU gave up 258 yards rushing/game and 476 total yards/game in '15......I'm sure Coach P is liking that!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    CSU will be an interesting TOP grinder pitting the two best possession teams in FCS against each other

We'll see how it goes. CSU is a finesse team.

Probably.

Some are "worried" on here about the first 2 games but IMO, neither one will be close. EWU's defense is horrible and the Bison defense will be up to the task of slowing down Kupp. I watched CSU a couple of times last year and they are decent but are in no way in the same class as the Bison. They have an undersized OL and DL.....I like the Bison by a lot!!!
    I worry about every game.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I worry about every game.
    Same. The only game I didn't worry about last year was USD Never again...

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am watching some video of Hawkeyes games from last year. Their O-Line pulls to the right most of the time, this creates running lanes to the left, so most of the time you can see their RBs running to the left. Their RBs have a some good cut-backs our LBs should watchout for this tendencies.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"