Page 174 of 293 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2928

Thread: Iowa

Default Re: Iowa

http://iowa.talking10.com/talking10-...tball-preview/

A lot of good discussion about Iowa, nothing new but sounds like they had some insane success rushing last year, some losses to their line mentioned in the podcast but a few of the guests predict a return to the B1G Title game. At 40:25 the host throws his 3 bold predictions in. 1 - Iowa loses to NDSU, he goes on to describe how he thinks losing to Iowa state or NDSU, really doesn't impact the rest of the season as he mainly focuses on the conference schedule. Another one of his bold predictions is that the Iowa defense holds their opponents to an average of less than 17 points. Going to be very interesting to see these two run heavy and defensive minded teams go at each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper6 View Post
    http://iowa.talking10.com/talking10-...tball-preview/

A lot of good discussion about Iowa, nothing new but sounds like they had some insane success rushing last year, some losses to their line mentioned in the podcast but a few of the guests predict a return to the B1G Title game. At 40:25 the host throws his 3 bold predictions in. 1 - Iowa loses to NDSU, he goes on to describe how he thinks losing to Iowa state or NDSU, really doesn't impact the rest of the season as he mainly focuses on the conference schedule. Another one of his bold predictions is that the Iowa defense holds their opponents to an average of less than 17 points. Going to be very interesting to see these two run heavy and defensive minded teams go at each other.

I would say that it's not going to be interesting with "these two run heavy and defensive minded teams go at each other". The top 20 major program at home will stomp the piss out of the FeCeS team and then you'll be watching backups the last 3rd of the game. Actually, it'll be a pretty uninteresting game.
    It would behoove you Andrew! To cease putting my Bison down! We are loyal fans and super smart intelligence.

-George Burnsides III

Quote Originally Posted by Nilknarf View Post
    I would say that it's not going to be interesting with "these two run heavy and defensive minded teams go at each other". The top 20 major program at home will stomp the piss out of the FeCeS team and then you'll be watching backups the last 3rd of the game. Actually, it'll be a pretty uninteresting game.

Hey dickhead since you brought up "top 20 major program" let's do some analysis of Iowa in the AP top 25 vs NDSU in the same poll. Data pulled will be provided from collegepollarchive.com for you fact checkers out there. And we'll go the past 5 years. For NDSU relevance and recent history. And I only used the final end of year poll.

2011 - Iowa was no where to be found on the final poll, did not receive any votes. NDSU, only FCS to receive votes finished with voting 2 points.

2012 - again no Iowa in the top 20 or top 25 and no votes received NDSU listed as receiving votes.

2013 - Iowa finally begins receiving votes again and receive 13 points, still not in the top 25 though. NDSU still receiving votes and actually closer to cracking the top 25 than Iowa because they registered 17 points.

2014 - nether team on any top 25 radar no one receives votes. Interesting side note - BISON piss pounds Iowa state at their house by a score of 34-14 and the Hawkeyes lose to aforementioned Iowa State at home by a score of 17-20.

2015 - Iowa Hawkeyes magically have a football team again, and finish 12-2 ranked 9th in the final poll. NDSU again not receiving votes and didn't play an FBS opponent last year.

To make your claim to fame as a "top 20 major program" is a stretch. Not untrue as last year Iowa was, but to continually belittle the bison as so far inferior and not even in the same conversation as Iowa is also quite the stretch.

Yeah, you might want to avert your eyes then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper6 View Post
    Hey dickhead since you brought up "top 20 major program" let's do some analysis of Iowa in the AP top 25 vs NDSU in the same poll. Data pulled will be provided from collegepollarchive.com for you fact checkers out there. And we'll go the past 5 years. For NDSU relevance and recent history. And I only used the final end of year poll.

2011 - Iowa was no where to be found on the final poll, did not receive any votes. NDSU, only FCS to receive votes finished with voting 2 points.

2012 - again no Iowa in the top 20 or top 25 and no votes received NDSU listed as receiving votes.

2013 - Iowa finally begins receiving votes again and receive 13 points, still not in the top 25 though. NDSU still receiving votes and actually closer to cracking the top 25 than Iowa because they registered 17 points.

2014 - nether team on any top 25 radar no one receives votes. Interesting side note - BISON piss pounds Iowa state at their house by a score of 34-14 and the Hawkeyes lose to aforementioned Iowa State at home by a score of 17-20.

2015 - Iowa Hawkeyes magically have a football team again, and finish 12-2 ranked 9th in the final poll. NDSU again not receiving votes and didn't play an FBS opponent last year.

To make your claim to fame as a "top 20 major program" is a stretch. Not untrue as last year Iowa was, but to continually belittle the bison as so far inferior and not even in the same conversation as Iowa is also quite the stretch.

Thanks! I needed a laugh tonight!
    It would behoove you Andrew! To cease putting my Bison down! We are loyal fans and super smart intelligence.

-George Burnsides III

Like the KSU game.

Thanks! I needed a laugh tonight!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Like the KSU game.
    Ok bro! Stop it! If I keep laughing this loud, people in the other flats will think I'm a lunatic!

-George Burnsides III

Default Iowa

It's ok, I had a good laugh too when I realized Iowa only made the final top 25 - 10 times in the last 30 years. And most of us already think you're a lunatic

Remember when a top 10 Iowa team that won the orange bowl had to block back to back FGs to beat UNI at home...