Page 7 of 293 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa

Default Re: Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hmmmm, with Gene Taylor on their staff I rather doubt we are going to sneak up on these boys.
    We won't sneak up on their coaches. And the coaches will relay that message to the players. It's just a matter of whether the players are humble enough to recognize that they could lose to an FCS team. I suspect some of their "big boy egos" won't allow them to consider that possibility, and they may get surprised. Which is fine. It works in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm sure Iowa will have their "worst team in years", according to fans, after their team loses to a lowly FCS school.
    It could be doubly awesome since this is our last B1G game, and I am pretty sure they have never lost to an FCS school
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Iowa is projected at #19 for the 2016 season.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...HPDHP#image=19

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post

If we played the #19 Sagarin team(Wisconsin) today on a neutral field they would be favored by about 5.5

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post

LOL at their schedule getting more difficult with a crossover matchup with Penn State. I think we may be more of a challenge than Penn State.

WE'RE GOING TO KICK THEIR ASSES.*

*Might be the Sangria talking.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I doubt the Iowa players will take NDSU any more seriously than a lower level FCS program, in spite of the coaches telling them differently. Just another warm up game. Like Illinois State last year.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    I doubt the Iowa players will take NDSU any more seriously than a lower level FCS program, in spite of the coaches telling them differently. Just another warm up game. Like Illinois State last year.
    I kind of agree. They'll look at ISUr and think they really weren't all that difficult. How much better can we be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    It shouldn't be hard to get the players attention. Pull up K State, Iowa State, Minnesota. All three of those games we beat them, not caught them off guard. Physically controlled the game and won.

Now, they are coming off their in state rivalry game which could drain some emotion. I'm sure we'll hear that excuse afterwards.

Also, feeling out about tickets, sounds like they don't always sellout. Hopefully they have a few fans overlooking us that choose to stay home. I'd like to see 20K+ down there and that seems damn realistic especially if tickets can be had for face.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    It shouldn't be hard to get the players attention. Pull up K State, Iowa State, Minnesota. All three of those games we beat them, not caught them off guard. Physically controlled the game and won.

Now, they are coming off their in state rivalry game which could drain some emotion. I'm sure we'll hear that excuse afterwards.

Also, feeling out about tickets, sounds like they don't always sellout. Hopefully they have a few fans overlooking us that choose to stay home. I'd like to see 20K+ down there and that seems damn realistic especially if tickets can be had for face.

This isn't Minnesota. Or Iowa State. Especially coming off the year they just had, the stadium is going to packed. CyPanth has made some strange comments making it sound like their support is lackluster, but that city revolves around Hawkeyes football (and wrestling). For the B10 championship, they managed to color stripe most of the stands at a neutral site!

Quote Originally Posted by Olton Hall View Post
    It's not whining. He's doing brilliant snarky sarcasms with plenty of ISU self deprecating humor. He loves the fact the many NDSU fans get all bent out of shape because they don't recognize the sarcasm. I'm surprised people in Iowa recognize it.
    I feel sorry for the blokes who don't recognize sarcasm or satire. Imagine how pissed those people were when they watched Dumb and Dumber and later found out it wasn't a documentary!