Page 1 of 293 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa

Default Iowa

Can't wait for this game.

Looks like Iowa isn't going to lose too many starters off of this years Big 10 West division championship team.

We are going to be loaded as well.

Should be a great game.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football...art/iowa/90751

Default Re: Iowa

I expect a game similar to KSU. Close likely 3-7 point game. Similar version as us. Will be interesting to see how we match up. Hopefully they are ranked as that is one thing we haven't done is beat a ranked FBS team.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Iowa returns many of their top players from a team that lost the B10 championship. They should be very high ranked at that point. This game should be the biggest measuring stick/toughest opponent NDSU has faced. Our defense will need to play lights out to have a chance because their defense will probably be similar to playing a 30% better version of UNI's defense. I'm guessing it will be low scoring. Iowa is a major hurdle but it's the Bison and the Bison are unbelievable when it comes to stepping up for big time moments

Iowa will be an interesting but totally meaningless matchup. I would rather see the Bison playing a good FCS team at home.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Iowa will be an interesting but totally meaningless matchup. I would rather see the Bison playing a good FCS team at home.
    Wtf? It'll be a great experience for fans and the team. P5 games are the best.

Most of Iowas wins in their best season ever weren't blow outs....and they employ Greg Davis. I'd stick them as early 13 pt favorites. That'll probably grow larger

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Iowa returns many of their top players from a team that lost the B10 championship. They should be very high ranked at that point. This game should be the biggest measuring stick/toughest opponent NDSU has faced. Our defense will need to play lights out to have a chance because their defense will probably be similar to playing a 30% better version of UNI's defense. I'm guessing it will be low scoring. Iowa is a major hurdle but it's the Bison and the Bison are unbelievable when it comes to stepping up for big time moments

With what the Bison have coming back in '16 on defense, I will not count them out in any game.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Get the players opinion on games they are looking forward to playing. This is one of the dumbest things I've seen here in some time. Preposterous statements thread 100%

Uff da..... What a test ....

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Iowa didn't really blow anyone out except for North Texas (Portland State beat them too?) and Northwestern. ISUr lost by 16 but I think that game wasn't as close as the final score ended up being. I know we can play with them and will have to see how our offense can move the ball. They play pretty similar to the way we play so it should be a fun matchup. How great is it know Stick will have 10 starts under his belt before this game instead of 2?

These games are huge for recruiting.