Page 212 of 293 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2928

Thread: Iowa

Default Re: Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Nilknarf View Post
    Iowa fans watch you give up 5ypc, and laugh about the tough, physical play in the trenches you've been bragging about for weeks in anticipation of your merciless beatdown.
    Look who slithered back. Boy friend let you come up for a little air?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Typical overreaction. I won't guarantee a win, but it will be close
    First timer here, guys. I come in peace.

IOWA has looked a little slow out of the blocks too, more often than not under KFz, so I don't put too much stock in one game. I'm not crazy about having NDSU on our schedule as it's the proverbial "no win" when an FBS team plays and FCS. And NDSU have proven they can play with the big boys. You also come in after a night game against ISMoo, and before the Big Ten opener, so it's a classic trap game. Could be interesting.

I look for a great game. NDSU is well-coached and won't be intimidated. (though I think you'll find Kinnick a little tougher environment than Ames or Lawrence ). I predict a well-played game with IOWA pulling away in the second half. The teams have very similar styles, and NDSU will play solid ball. Unless the Hawks are bitten by the turnover bug, IOWA will be just a bit bigger and tougher....ultimately wearing the Bison down. We also have a Senior QB who is the "will your team to win" type of leader, 27-13 Hawks.

My neighbor's son goes to NDSU so we're road tripping down together for the game from the Twin Cities. Have fun in Iowa City, the vast majority of IOWA fans are very friendly and will welcome you! I'll be pulling for you in the playoffs later this fall, like I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilknarf View Post
    Iowa fans watch you give up 5ypc, and laugh about the tough, physical play in the trenches you've been bragging about for weeks in anticipation of your merciless beatdown.
    Cmon dude that was a triple option team. Take away 2 plays and it's totally different

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDrummer View Post
    NDSU is well-coached and won't be intimidated. (though I think you'll find Kinnick a little tougher environment than Ames or Lawrence ).
    I'll be impressed if its as difficult an environment as Montana. That's no disrespect to Kinnick, it's just that Wa-Griz was way more impressive than the other FBS stadiums you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'll be impressed if its as difficult an environment as Montana. That's no disrespect to Kinnick, it's just that Wa-Griz was way more impressive than the other FBS stadiums you listed.
    He mentioned Kansas, which was a morgue and Iowa state. not exactly daunting places to play.

Kinnock will be more intimidating than rinky dink Montana

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Interesting that Montana comes up, as we played them ten years ago in a similar setting where they were ranked #3 and the Hawks were #16. The major difference was that it was the first game of the year for both teams. I sure hope we have a better ending to this season than we did that one. Lotta water under the bridge since that game.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Typical overreaction. I won't guarantee a win, but it will be close
    If any form of the NDSU team that should have lost to Charleston Southern shows up on 09/17 it will be a blood bath. Having said that, I have a lot of respect for the NDSU staff. I also understand that poor performances like that happen in week 1. Stick's legs were as advertised, but I did not come away too impressed with his arm. Any word on DeLuca? That kid is a monster. Without doubt the best player on the field on Saturday. I would not be shocked if he were to get a shot to play on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaHawkeye05 View Post
    If any form of the NDSU team that should have lost to Charleston Southern shows up on 09/17 it will be a blood bath. Having said that, I have a lot of respect for the NDSU staff. I also understand that poor performances like that happen in week 1. Stick's legs were as advertised, but I did not come away too impressed with his arm. Any word on DeLuca? That kid is a monster. Without doubt the best player on the field on Saturday. I would not be shocked if he were to get a shot to play on Sundays.
    Stick's arm is fine, it's his mental processing that needs to speed up and improve. I'd be more surprised if DeLuca doesn't get drafted (depending on his injury of coarse).

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    He mentioned Kansas, which was a morgue and Iowa state. not exactly daunting places to play.

Kinnock will be more intimidating than rinky dink Montana
    Did you go to Montana?

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDrummer View Post
    First timer here, guys. I come in peace.

IOWA has looked a little slow out of the blocks too, more often than not under KFz, so I don't put too much stock in one game. I'm not crazy about having NDSU on our schedule as it's the proverbial "no win" when an FBS team plays and FCS. And NDSU have proven they can play with the big boys. You also come in after a night game against ISMoo, and before the Big Ten opener, so it's a classic trap game. Could be interesting.

I look for a great game. NDSU is well-coached and won't be intimidated. (though I think you'll find Kinnick a little tougher environment than Ames or Lawrence ). I predict a well-played game with IOWA pulling away in the second half. The teams have very similar styles, and NDSU will play solid ball. Unless the Hawks are bitten by the turnover bug, IOWA will be just a bit bigger and tougher....ultimately wearing the Bison down. We also have a Senior QB who is the "will your team to win" type of leader, 27-13 Hawks.

My neighbor's son goes to NDSU so we're road tripping down together for the game from the Twin Cities. Have fun in Iowa City, the vast majority of IOWA fans are very friendly and will welcome you! I'll be pulling for you in the playoffs later this fall, like I always do.
    Looking forward to it. Ive never been to that part of Iowa.