Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/3/16 ?

Default Re: 9/3/16 ?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I thought it might be WYO or Georgia Southern but they have games already scheduled. Jacksonville State would make sense.
    I can not ever remember an FBS team traveling to an FCS team.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    With EW and Iowa on deck I kinda hope it's a cupcake. If it's not then might as well go full throttle and play a second FBS game
    Agree. No point in doing what Northern Iowa does to themselves every year. Missouri Valley is enough of a grind.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Agree. No point in doing what Northern Iowa does to themselves every year. Missouri Valley is enough of a grind.
    Yep. JSU?? A revenge game right out of the gates? Let them simmer down a little and, as you mentioned, get something easier than an MVC game

I would be surprised if it is JSU.

Bring in a cupcake....oh wait, EWU will be a cupcake!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    I would be surprised if it is JSU.

Bring in a cupcake....oh wait, EWU will be a cupcake!!
    EW ended this year as nothing special. Gotta give it to them though that for a team with a bush league field and high school stadium they put together offenses that are elite in a D1 dropping 50 and 40+ on P-12 teams. If they ever realized there is a second side of the ball called defense they would be dangerous. It will probably be a harder game than Weber St. and UN_were.

JSU would be an interesting game, and would not be surprised if it happens. But, I think they might want one of the OOC games to be a little less challenging to build depth before entering into conference play. I am thinking regular season Bison are not the same as playoff mode Bison.

EW ended this year as nothing special. Gotta give it to them though that for a team with a bush league field and high school stadium they put together offenses that are elite in a D1 dropping 50 and 40+ on P-12 teams. If they ever realized there is a second side of the ball called defense they would be dangerous. It will probably be a harder game than Weber St. and UN_were.

EWU has a shit defense and IMO the Bison will run right thru it. Not much harder compared to Weber or Chicken Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    EWU has a shit defense and IMO the Bison will run right thru it. Not much harder compared to Weber or Chicken Hawks.
    Maybe. Depends if their offense is still struggling or back to normal. I'm interested to see how our defense handles Kupp

Maybe. Depends if their offense is still struggling or back to normal. I'm interested to see how our defense handles Kupp
    They handle him by giving the QB happy feet. Just like we do all the great WR's we face.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Jacksonville State at NDSU on 9/3 and LSU on 9/10? Okay then.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix