Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easton Stick & Co.

Default Re: Easton Stick & Co.

Looking forward to Easton progress the next 3 years. Bison are no doubt in good hands.

Echo the statement - Thank you Easton for supporting Carson. My only regret is that you didn't get a few more meaningful snaps yesterday. You're a class act!

I would've like to see Carson come out for the first play of that series with about 4 minutes left and then call timeout and run Easton out there to allow the crowd to give Carson and Easton a good hand similar to how they do it in basketball. The way they did it with it all happening in a cluster on the sidelines was a little anticlimactic.

Btw, its pretty amazing that these are things I gripe about after a national title game...

The crowd rewarded Easton with a loud cheer when the stadium announcer said that he was now in as Bison quarterback. That was pretty cool. I know this was big for his parents. #stick6

533 In a row

Nice hometown article (Omaha.com) for Easton Stick
    leading into the championship game.

http://www.neprepzone.com/sports/cre...12fe87d5c.html

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I would've like to see Carson come out for the first play of that series with about 4 minutes left and then call timeout and run Easton out there to allow the crowd to give Carson and Easton a good hand similar to how they do it in basketball. The way they did it with it all happening in a cluster on the sidelines was a little anticlimactic.

Btw, its pretty amazing that these are things I gripe about after a national title game...
    This would have been soo cool... not the first time I've heard this mentioned... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

That's kind of what they did. Carson called a timeout before a 3rd down play and then came off the field slowly, with guys giving him high fives and hugs, then hugging coach K. Easton was in the next play but they didn't announce him in until after his first play and it was 4th down. That's really the best you can do in that situation as it's tough to do it like basketball where you can have a quick rolling timeout where no one really goes to the benches. I think both guys got their due congratulations.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The crowd rewarded Easton with a loud cheer when the stadium announcer said that he was now in as Bison quarterback. That was pretty cool. I know this was big for his parents. #stick6
    Good to hear, and like #stick6

I was very disappointed they didn't put Easten in earlier too. I thought he should have gone in after that last TD.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    Good to hear, and like #stick6
    #STI6CK

10fnchar