Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bob Babich Axed

Default Re: Bob Babich Axed

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Still, that is Gus firing his old boss; that cannot be easy....don't care who you are.
    They are friends, they sat down and talked about it, and BB understands. This is the NFL and there aren't any hard feelings.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    They are friends, they sat down and talked about it, and BB understands. This is the NFL and there aren't any hard feelings.

Sent from my iPhone.

Didn't appear to be any feelings at the Coughlin presser either /purple so can't say just because it is the NFL there would be all roses and perfume while they sat and talked.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Babich. Bro has been making that NFL money for a decade.
    That NFL money for someone with BB's resume isn't much more than the Saluki money that the stache has been making.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    That NFL money for someone with BB's resume isn't much more than the Saluki money that the stache has been making.

http://www.ehow.com/info_12036363_av...ordinator.html
    In September 2009, the Los Angeles Times, citing an NFL source, reported that the average NFL defensive coordinator made approximately $850,000.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Didn't appear to be any feelings at the Coughlin presser either /purple so can't say just because it is the NFL there would be all roses and perfume while they sat and talked.
    This should all be purple.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

As an $$$/###s guy, you should know better. I bet he was making 1 Mil give or take 100K.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

As an $$$/###s guy, you should know better. I bet he was making 1 Mil give or take 100K.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Average for a coordinator in the NFL is under $1mil. Gus is "only" at $3.5 and I believe in the bottom 5 for head coaches. I spent about two minutes looking and couldn't find any of his actual salaties, but I highly doubt Bob has had a contact at a million per in his NFL career, especially since the vast majority of his time in the NFL has been as a position coach.

With coaches shows, bonuses, etc. Dale's total is probably approaching $400k with all the extras.

Of course Bob is making more, but even $200-$300k isn't really that a huge swing when you're moving from Carbondale to Chicago or Jacksonville, and he's not automatically a millionaire because "he has all that NFL money."
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Average for a coordinator in the NFL is under $1mil. Gus is "only" at $3.5 and I believe in the bottom 5 for head coaches. I spent about two minutes looking and couldn't find any of his actual salaties, but I highly doubt Bob has had a contact at a million per in his NFL career, especially since the vast majority of his time in the NFL has been as a position coach.

With coaches shows, bonuses, etc. Dale's total is probably approaching $400k with all the extras.

Of course Bob is making more, but even $200-$300k isn't really that a huge swing when you're moving from Carbondale to Chicago or Jacksonville, and he's not automatically a millionaire because "he has all that NFL money."
    Last paragraph: you are fucking kidding, right? $200-300K isn't that much of a swing?! Yaright!! Good God!

Sent from my iPhone.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Last paragraph: you are fucking kidding, right? $200-300K isn't that much of a swing?! Yaright!! Good God!

Sent from my iPhone.
    The difference between $350-$400k in Carbondale and even $700-$750k in Chicago (where he likely had his largest contact) in standard of living is not that much, and the two are certainly closer to each other than the difference between that $750k and $1.1-$1.15 and nowhere near Gus's $3.5.

None of it is chump change, but it's not earth shattering money either.

http://www.rebootillinois.com/2014/1...alaries/26663/

If this website is correct, he didn't get much in the way of incentives.

250K/year seems like a reasonable guess?
    College of Business Alumnus