Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1/7 vs Omaha

Default Re: 1/7 vs Omaha

Omaha is good but we played like crap too. Especially on the defensive end. Too many turnovers. Out rebounded. Can't play like that and win against good teams. Tough loss. The home win streak is over. Got to get a win on the road Saturday.

They were good but we didn't make them uncomfortable when we were on D at all. Patterson was on fire!!!!! We were playing like we had a hangover from a night of partying. Heck we had to have missed 7 bunnies right under the dang basket.

Tough to see the streak end. Defensively thats about as bad as an effort I have seen from NDSU in a long time. Credit Omaha, they are very good and made shots. We made it way to easy for them though. It didnt help that Patterson completely went off, we had no answer for him. I dont know how many ball screens we had to go under to realize that Patterson wasn't missing, however when we adjusted their bigs would knock down the open jump shot. Just had no answer tonight. I think we let Patterson get the ball way to easy. Needed to deny him better and make somebody else start the offense. Lastly to many turnovers, 15 is way above where we want to be and to makes things worse we couldnt turn them over....

All things said the better team won tonight. I came away very impressed with Omaha. They will be handful for anybody this season. Next up is ORU, where we never seem to play well.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Omaha has a very good team. Outplaying us in every phase of the game. We have no answer for Patterson who is shooting the lights out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You sure they are good? They lost to Minnesota....who was beaten by....well, pretty much everyone.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You sure they are good? They lost to Minnesota....who was beaten by....well, pretty much everyone.
    Well if they aren't, they sure played like one tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Of course the night Sdsu loses, we lose. Pick and roll defense was awful. They made a ton of shots inside the arc. Had 13 more FT then we did.

By the time I got the radio on it was 32-16. That was the end of my listening for the evening.

Hope to see better against SDSU next weekend.
    College of Business Alumnus

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just watched this game...I think the quickness of Omaha is what gave us trouble.