Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2015-16 Summit League MBB Conference Thread

Default Re: 2015-16 Summit League MBB Conference Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Hey its the off season let us troll San dakota. He is not near as level headed as you are.
    Ehhhhhhh......depends what day you catch me on lol
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    That does not say that.
    http://www.keloland.com/news/article...ture-from-sdsu

does this?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Yep that does but the tweet sure didn't. I could care less either way, it is just fun to get little brother worked up during the off season. It is kind of cute.

Daum is a heck of a player and very talented. I would be very surprised if he transfers, had he not red-shirted it would be a bit more dicey maybe. It will be interesting how Daum does in a new offense with a different coach. SDSU is losing a ton of outside shooting that opened up a lot of space for him to operate. I still think he will be very good next year and one of the best players in the league but production will be a little tougher for him.

You got to think SDSU will move quick with a hire. With all spots they need to fill and only one signed player. The best name I have heard speculated is T.J. Otzelberger current assistant at Iowa State. Would be an excellent coach and great hire for SDSU.

At the same time no one would come out and say "Yeah, Im out of here. See ya."

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    At the same time no one would come out and say "Yeah, Im out of here. See ya."
    Your right, in that case he wouldn't grant the interview. He is a smart. well spoken young man who knows how to handle himself in public. Painful as it may be for NDSU fans, and seemingly USD fans Daum is going nowhere. The SDSU beat writer for the Argus spoke with his parents who very clearly stated he is going nowhere. Daum has told multiple sources he is going nowhere. He is a small town kid, happy in Brookings and he has great relationship with his teammates.

Maybe NDSU fans should be more worried about who Nagy will be replaced by. To the frustration of most SDSU fans Nagy had a hard time beating NDSU, even when NDSU were down. I doubt Nagy's replacement will have that same problem. With the remaining front line talent at SDSU, does NDSU sniff another NCAA tournament in the next three years if the replacement can bring in a couple high quality transfer guards?

Your right, in that case he wouldn't grant the interview. He is a smart. well spoken young man who knows how to handle himself in public. Painful as it may be for NDSU fans, and seemingly USD fans Daum is going nowhere. The SDSU beat writer for the Argus spoke with his parents who very clearly stated he is going nowhere. Daum has told multiple sources he is going nowhere. He is a small town kid, happy in Brookings and he has great relationship with his teammates.

Maybe NDSU fans should be more worried about who Nagy will be replaced by. To the frustration of most SDSU fans Nagy had a hard time beating NDSU, even when NDSU were down. I doubt Nagy's replacement will have that same problem. With the remaining front line talent at SDSU, does NDSU sniff another NCAA tournament in the next three years if the replacement can bring in a couple high quality transfer guards?
    Based really on what assumption? I guess we lost 5 seniors and 2 others that left the program and all our coaches. I love the position NDSU is in with a core of returning players and some bright young talent that will be on the court for the next 4 years. I would bet you that NDSU is in the dance more over the next 3 years than SDSU.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Based really on what assumption? I guess we lost 5 seniors and 2 others that left the program and all our coaches. I love the position NDSU is in with a core of returning players and some bright young talent that will be on the court for the next 4 years. I would bet you that NDSU is in the dance more over the next 3 years than SDSU.
    Marshall, Parks and Bittle are huge losses. It came out today that they are trying to get Moffitt another year. Losing Devine hurts depth but he was a little used reserve and we have plenty of depth on in the middle. I'll take the bet. SDSU will win the SLT 2 of the next 3 years.

Coaching staff? Pretty sure you are aware NDSU has had three coaching staffs since going D1. Seems as if NDSU has done just fine. I trust Sell will bring in a solid hire who will continue the success. SDSU isn't going anywhere just like Daum is going nowhere.

Marshall, Parks and Bittle are huge losses. It came out today that they are trying to get Moffitt another year. Losing Devine hurts depth but he was a little used reserve and we have plenty of depth on in the middle. I'll take the bet. SDSU will win the SLT 2 of the next 3 years.

Coaching staff? Pretty sure you are aware NDSU has had three coaching staffs since going D1. Seems as if NDSU has done just fine. I trust Sell will bring in a solid hire who will continue the success. SDSU isn't going anywhere just like Daum is going nowhere.
    The thing that sucks about new coaches coming in is you never know what your getting....the next big thing or a flop. You hope the new staff does not skip a beat or even better exceeds what you had in the past. But, watch out if you get a flop. I could set you back a decade. It will be fun to see if
    SDSU can replicate what NDSU has done.

Not real worried about either to be honest. I am worried about what our team can control and that's improving over the off-season. We have the most talent coming back of any team in the conference and if we can take care of our business we will be dancing next season. For the record I hope Daum does stay, he is a good player and good for the league. Also putting all your eggs in the transfer basket...good luck with that.