Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Number of championship games

Default Re: Number of championship games

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    ^^^This right here! It will also be my son's 1st championship game.

Dewey
    We took our 5 year old son to the third fcs chipper and he and his 2 year old sister last year. While I don't regret taking them, it definitely added a bit of stress. Plus we didn't drink since they were with. This year it's just the grown ups going and we are looking forward to it.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Hello, and Happy New Year to all. After reading about trips to championship games etc., I felt compelled to share a couple stories that have to do with Road's excursions back in the 80's. Two impossible to forget statements come to mind. I travelled with Road throughout the 80's and much of the 90s.

1986; first time in Florence Alabama. We were playing USD for the championship; after which they regionalized the playoffs.

Anyway, from our motel bar, we could see a billboard across the street that some Coyote fans had paid for; and the billboard displayed: "The South will Rise Again; Go Coyotes!"

After a few libations, this billboard was not sitting well with us; and after some conversation; off we went to find some sheets from the motel staff; some black paint; some duct tape etc. Our idea was to change the message just a tad. From "The South will Rise again", to "The South will LOSE again".

So we get over there; and luckily find an old ladder laying behind this gas station. It's kind of dark now, and not much light back there; so we're rummaging around, trying to get this ladder set up etc.; and this older fella that was working at the gas station comes around the corner and sees what we are doing. We figured, oops, we're busted; but the guy takes a look at us; and sees the ladder and the sheets; and he comment "Y'ALL GONNA FUCK WITH THAT, AIN'T YA?" Never will I forget that.

And one more I will never forget; although it wasn't at a national champ game. We were coming back from Northern Colorado; and stopped in Grand Island Neb for the night. It was about midnight after a long long day; but four of us figured we better just have one more at a bar we noticed across the street from the motel. There was about 3 people in there, and they also had had a long day.

One of our guys had a sweatshirt with big block NDSU letters; and after some bantering across the corner of the bar with the locals; this gal shouts at us; "Hey buddy, what's that stand for: National Dick Suckers Ussociation?? OMG, still laugh when I think of that

[QUOTE=ballparkfrank;1085886]Hello, and Happy New Year to all. After reading about trips to championship games etc., I felt compelled to share a couple stories that have to do with Road's excursions back in the 80's. Two impossible to forget statements come to mind. I travelled with Road throughout the 80's and much of the 90s.

1986; first time in Florence Alabama. We were playing USD for the championship; after which they regionalized the playoffs.

Anyway, from our motel bar, we could see a billboard across the street that some Coyote fans had paid for; and the billboard displayed: "The South will Rise Again; Go Coyotes!"

After a few libations, this billboard was not sitting well with us; and after some conversation; off we went to find some sheets from the motel staff; some black paint; some duct tape etc. Our idea was to change the message just a tad. From "The South will Rise again", to "The South will LOSE again".

So we get over there; and luckily find an old ladder laying behind this gas station. It's kind of dark now, and not much light back there; so we're rummaging around, trying to get this ladder set up etc.; and this older fella that was working at the gas station comes around the corner and sees what we are doing. We figured, oops, we're busted; but the guy takes a look at us; and sees the ladder and the sheets; and he comment "Y'ALL GONNA FUCK WITH THAT, AIN'T YA?" Never will I forget that.

And one more I will never forget; although it wasn't at a national champ game. We were coming back from Northern Colorado; and stopped in Grand Island Neb for the night. It was about midnight after a long long day; but four of us figured we better just have one more at a bar we noticed across the street from the motel. There was about 3 people in there, and they also had had a long day.

One of our guys had a sweatshirt with big block NDSU letters; and after some bantering across the corner of the bar with the locals; this gal shouts at us; "Hey buddy, what's that stand for: National Dick Suckers Ussociation?? OMG, still laugh when I think of that[/QUOTE

Remember Tom Brokaw with their governor walking in the stadium to watch the coyotes lose

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This will be my 6th, including 1990 in Florence and all of the ones in Frisco.
    Insert something clever here...

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

7th for me. Two in Florence and the "Frisco 5 Baby".

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

This will be the 5th for me. Back in the 1990 season I declined to go and my friends and I said we would go next year. Next year turned to be over two decades.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

First one for hubby and me, though we've watched all of them on TV since the 80's. Also the first one for our son - he's 21.

Hopefully the first of many! We're meeting a bunch of college buddies down there (from 5 states) - I can hardly wait!

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    This will be the 5th for me. Back in the 1990 season I declined to go and my friends and I said we would go next year. Next year turned to be over two decades.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Kind of a reverse situation, but for the first Frisco game we decided to go because it could be a "once in a lifetime" experience. 5 consecutive trips later... Lol
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Kind of a reverse situation, but for the first Frisco game we decided to go because it could be a "once in a lifetime" experience. 5 consecutive trips later... Lol

That's what I told my wife too that year! Said wasn't a guarantee that they'd be back anytime soon... Glad I was wrong on that and made FCS NC #3 too.

Florence, Alabama 1990...domination. Frisco, Texas 2016....expect more domination. Trying to pace myself, plan on being back in 2042.