Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frisco

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Frisco

Tom Burnett, the commissioner of the Southland Conference and frequent visitor to this blog and the Kolpack and Izzo radio show told us last Saturday, “to expect some news” about the future of the FCS Championship Game. As many know, back in October the city of Frisco and US Soccer approved a 39 million dollar renovation plan to Toyota Stadium, which includes new locker rooms, premium seats, a private club and the National Soccer Hall of Fame. Burnett added that all this renovation would not have been “just for soccer.” I would expect an announcement either this week or next about Frisco extending its hosting rights at least for the next three years (’17-’19) and perhaps longer. You can listen to that interview in our podcast.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/holiday-week-update/

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Frisco

And maybe if the Bison score Nattie #5, they will announce the new name of the expanded stadium .... Toyoda Field at Bison Park....

chuckles is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let's assume they renew and the NCAA offers three year ticket packages. How many of you are going in on that deal either again or for the first time?

If I can keep my same seats I would. Between whatever teams play and scalpers, I would think I could sell 4 tickets in row 10 on the 30 for at least "face" value (Even tho that's not what the 3 year buyers pay). Thoughts?

if I could keep my 8 row 2 tickets... then im all in. they better reward us for being loyal!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles View Post
    Let's assume they renew and the NCAA offers three year ticket packages. How many of you are going in on that deal either again or for the first time?

If I can keep my same seats I would. Between whatever teams play and scalpers, I would think I could sell 4 tickets in row 10 on the 30 for at least "face" value (Even tho that's not what the 3 year buyers pay). Thoughts?

If offered, I'm in like Flint!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckles View Post

I talked to the NCAA last week. One of the subjects I brought up was the 3 year package. She said nothing had been finalized in that regard but they are leaning in that direction. She said no decision had been made because they were in the final stages of determining who would get the next contract for the Natty.

Yes I will buy the 3 year package again.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    If offered, I'm in like Flint!
    Fleming???
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NFH Schlüssel View Post
    Fleming???

I see what you did there.....
    "The bird is in your hand"

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We did not do the 3 year packages the first time but would definitely look at it if done again. If not we will continue to purchase in August with hopes the boys take us back again and again.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yes I will buy the 3 year package again.
    Just want to again publicly eat crow for questioning this logic last time. I am going to do it this time if they offer. As others are pointing out, the dynamics of FCS football make regular appearances of NDSU in the title game quite likely.