Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll call: Who has been watching those riveting minor bowl games?

Default Re: Roll call: Who has been watching those riveting minor bowl games?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    G5 is worse than fcs? Lol
    Yes. No playoffs and no chance for a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Yes. No playoffs and no chance for a championship.
    CMON the entire FBS season is a playoff. You do realize if players get there way the FCS playoffs will be dead...too many games! BTW, I love FCS, but in general the FBS is going to be considered better due to the marketing. With saying that Can FCS hang with FBS sure they can.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    G5 is worse than fcs? Lol
    It's a worse place to be. Read much above the Elementary level?

Anybody think we have the money to triple or quadruple our coaching salaries in addition to the extra scholarships? Make that upgrade in costs department wide unless it is a football only move.

That's not even taking the stadium issue into account. Good idea to discuss now with our economy softening. Unless something happens in the commodity markets, Agriculture is going to really feel the pinch for a few years. 2016 has the makings of an epic disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post

Anybody think we have the money to triple or quadruple our coaching salaries in addition to the extra scholarships? Make that upgrade in costs department wide unless it is a football only move.

That's not even taking the stadium issue into account. Good idea to discuss now with our economy softening. Unless something happens in the commodity markets, Agriculture is going to really feel the pinch for a few years. 2016 has the makings of an epic disaster.
    forget the Football here for sec. I really dislike this argument commodity markets softening = epic disaster. Thats like saying the 2008 was an epic disaster. Less we forget how artificially high things were. Its not an epic disaster its simply a correction

Back to football .....if the product is better its not a worst place to be. Just looking at the players we lose to FBS and how we develop kids, I do think the product would be better....Theoretically we would recruit a higher caliber player thus we would see even better football.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    forget the Football here for sec. I really dislike this argument commodity markets softening = epic disaster. Thats like saying the 2008 was an epic disaster. Less we forget how artificially high things were. Its not an epic disaster its simply a correction
    We'll see. Inputs remain high, rents have not come down. 2015 losses were eased by record yields and production that was priced going in.

For the 2016 crop, pricing opportunities haven't been there. Record yields are still possible but we are due for issues eventually. Oh, and cattle markets are really correcting.

Those that have debt are really going to get pinched. Anybody counting on selling iron is screwed this year for sure.

Back to football, I've watched plenty of weeknight MACtion. Better football? Yeah, probably. Pathetic crowds. I can assure you we have plenty of seats in the Fargodome for that.

Weak ass Bowl games over Christmas? No thanks.

If a decision to pursue that, I wouldn't oppose it but there better be assurances that the money is there. I think it's actually a bigger move than from D2 from a financial standpoint.

We'll see. Inputs remain high, rents have not come down. 2015 losses were eased by record yields and production that was priced going in.

For the 2016 crop, pricing opportunities haven't been there. Record yields are still possible but we are due for issues eventually. Oh, and cattle markets are really correcting.

Those that have debt are really going to get pinched. Anybody counting on selling iron is screwed this year for sure.

Back to football, I've watched plenty of weeknight MACtion. Better football? Yeah, probably. Pathetic crowds. I can assure you we have plenty of seats in the Fargodome for that.

Weak ass Bowl games over Christmas? No thanks.

If a decision to pursue that, I wouldn't oppose it but there better be assurances that the money is there. I think it's actually a bigger move than from D2 from a financial standpoint.
    No diseagrement from me on any of that

I think we need to try to put ourselves in a position where the decision to move up would be ours, instead of us having to beg for a bid. I like where we are now, in our division's best conference and competing in a playoff for championships, but similar things could have been said circa 2000 about us in the NCC. Honestly, I was really skeptical about moving up back then, but it turned out fairly well.

When is toilet bowl start? I don't care about bowl games, FCS is better play with championship game.

I watched the Georgia Southern game and was happy for them.

It was an enjoyable game to watch, but I realized I'm very happy that isn't our endgame. They reached their pinnacle in their first year already. So much for "improved exposure."