Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll call: Who has been watching those riveting minor bowl games?

Default Roll call: Who has been watching those riveting minor bowl games?

Ok, I'll be first. Not me!

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Roll call: Who has been watching those riveting minor bowl games?

Not intentionally. Did see a few minutes of a game with Marshall playing while out to eat.

i don't know that I see 20,000 fans of each team at each game ...

The Duke v Indiana game was decent.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

There are bowl games already?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My issue with FBS is not bowl games. I enjoy watching those non-conference matchups (Indiana vs Duke and Wash St. Vs Miami were both fairly entertaining games today). My issue is their refusal to get a real playoff system. If they had a 24 team field like FCS (which will never happen) you would basically get twice the number of good bowl games featuring top teams as what we currently get. The powerful rich folks controlling FBS are pond scum

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love bowl season. When else do you get to see great OOC matchups?

I've watched everyone. As has our family mixed with 10 Wisconsin badger fans and gopher fans. You guys realize that while you make fun of them 99.9% make fun of fcs acting like we are big time
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    My issue with FBS is not bowl games. I enjoy watching those non-conference matchups (Indiana vs Duke and Wash St. Vs Miami were both fairly entertaining games today). My issue is their refusal to get a real playoff system. If they had a 24 team field like FCS (which will never happen) you would basically get twice the number of good bowl games featuring top teams as what we currently get. The powerful rich folks controlling FBS are pond scum
    The people you need to direct your angst is the NCAA and the school presidents for not taking control of the bowl system-playoffs.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The people you need to direct your angst is the NCAA and the school presidents for not taking control of the bowl system-playoffs.
    You are probably correct though I feel better after venting wherever. I'm tired of seeing that product hamstrung