Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sight Seeing/Attractions Dallas

Default Re: Sight Seeing/Attractions Dallas

"I certainly don't intend offense in disagreeing with another poster's recommendations, but I believe Fireside is a better spot than Campisi's, and that's coming from a guy who likes Campisi's quite a bit (and owes it big-time for keeping me alive for my first yet in Dallas!)." - thehakijun

No offense taken. Love the pizza at Campisi's, the rest of the menu is competent. But, in answer toa previous poster, he was looking for a non-chain local and close to SMU. Also, I remember goin in during the holidays in years gone by and sitting next to Darrell Royal, and other head coaches that were playing in the Cotton Bowl. About the closest thing Dallas has to someplace like Sardi's in NY. I would have mentioned Club Schmitz over by Love Field, for burgers and beer...but it closed. I killed many brain cells in that place over the years! Your list is very good. I would add though, if they go to the Truck Yard, they might want to bring a chair. There is seating available, but sometimes you need to bring your own. Neat place though...the food trucks that move in are different cuisine and change out every week or so.

Default Re: Sight Seeing/Attractions Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Kat78 View Post

No offense taken. Love the pizza at Campisi's, the rest of the menu is competent. But, in answer toa previous poster, he was looking for a non-chain local and close to SMU. Also, I remember goin in during the holidays in years gone by and sitting next to Darrell Royal, and other head coaches that were playing in the Cotton Bowl. About the closest thing Dallas has to someplace like Sardi's in NY. I would have mentioned Club Schmitz over by Love Field, for burgers and beer...but it closed. I killed many brain cells in that place over the years! Your list is very good. I would add though, if they go to the Truck Yard, they might want to bring a chair. There is seating available, but sometimes you need to bring your own. Neat place though...the food trucks that move in are different cuisine and change out every week or so.

Right on. I lived in Gables Republic Tower when I first moved to Dallas, so I wore out a path between my apartment and Campisi's (both downtown and on Mockingbird). I agree with sticking to local, non-chain, unless it's a limited local chain like Fireside or Smoke. I cheated a bit by stretching out what qualifies as 'near' SMU.

It's off Lemmon, but my understanding is that Mia's has a little bit of Dallas history involved, but the only thing I can think of is something surrounding pre-Cowboy Jimmy Johnson...