Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco tailgating advice

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Frisco tailgating advice

Any advice from seasoned Frisco professionals? When do the lots open, I assume we have the west lot. Advice on etiquette, differences between Frisco and Fargo tailgating-wise. I have relatives who will travel to Frisco and tailgate for the first time......ever. All advice welcome and appreciated.

Default Re: Frisco tailgating advice

They may claim that tailgate lots open at 7AM or 8AM (no idea honestly) but you can likely show up as early as you want to and they'll let you in as long as someone is there to take your money and open up the entrance to the lot. They don't have the "alcohol must be in a cup" rule. They also let you tailgate after the game for as long as you want I think. I've stuck around a few hours after the game before and no one has ever come by to tell us we had to go.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What about parking a rig the night before?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    There was a few last year that were parked by the Friday afternoon open practice. Our crew doesn't have a rig so I don't know how you'd go about getting that done but I would guess there's stadium staff that are around the lots on Friday that you can inquire about that with.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Last year we parked the RV in the lot Friday night like at 5:00. Paid for the spot and spots we wanted the next day. We had two cars to get in the morning.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Drink lots of water the day before!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Hell I don't have a rig so we might just camp out on the grass between the shops and the parking lot with our cooler.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Advise, come to party, rules much relaxed compared to fargo, I don't think I have ever seen a cop like the platoon that patrols we have here

Line gets long though
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Somehow, despite all the utter lack of draconian rules, folks come and have a good time with no problems. Plus, the don't artificially restrict where you can tailgate.

The first year we met some guys from Frisco who tailgate every year. Some go into the game. Some watch on tv in the lot.
    See them every year. This is why the ticket situation is some what different than we are used to. It is set up for all fans to attend that want to. These guys in the past just went and watched. Now they fly a Bison flag and wear Bison shirts.
    They have an amazing bbq set up.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans