Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kory Brown

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kory Brown

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Something doesn't seem correct here. I still feel like I saw him struggle. Maybe I'm thinking of a different game.

How many shots did he take, how many TO's did he have, and how final compare to season averages?

Need some better context.

Sent from my iPhone.
    http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400544994 and http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400544994

Not bad. Zero turnovers, 15 points, 6 rebounds and the game winning shot and free throw...all with a chance to fulfill what he had said a year prior, "We're going to win it next year."
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

I think he struggled early in the title game but absolutely took over the last three to five minutes of the game when it was go time. Dang that team was fun to watch. Most athletic team we have had by far. LA was unreal last year to bring NDSU to the dance after losing that insanely good senior class. Woody still the bar though IMHO!

if Woodside Had Marshall Bjorklund down low on the post with Winky & Nelson oh my GOD we are easily talking Sweet 16
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    I think both seniors stepped it up against the Jacks. Kading blocked a couple of shots, stuffed Parks on that break away layup, made a few shots, a dunk. It was good to see.
    Kading was vintage Kading. Way more athletic than most would suspect. The block he had on the layup referenced above was impressive for his size. If he can hit a few outside jumpers like the 3 he is capable of making that will really help free up the driving lanes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Braun had a migraine prior to his second championship game (the one he won with his 3 point play). He disappeared somewhat in the OK and SDSU game in NCAA tournament though. As LA and Dupree were the key players in our win over OK.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Alright .... focusing back on Kory Brown and this years team..... Yeah I don't think he can lead us to a dance this year, but I think will will win a game or 2 in Sioux Falls. Kory might be one of the best defenders in the Summit and now he is taking control and drives to the hoop.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kory is not a prolific enough scorer to "put the team on his back" as some of you are suggesting in a pure taking over a game kind of situation but he is absolutely the emotional leader of this team and he plays with fire and passion and there's no doubt he carries this team on his back that way. We saw for the those couple of games he missed the team was a little flat and lacked the fire they have with him on the floor. Paul Miller is the guy that will have to carry the team to the dance with his offense as he is definitely the best scorer on the team but for this particular team to be successful it needs to be a team effort. If we have a combination of 4-5 guys scoring double digits each game that's how we win instead of one guy trying to score 30. That being said if we are down 10 with 5-6 minutes left and we need a guy to bring us back that guy needs to be Paul Miller.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Alright .... focusing back on Kory Brown and this years team..... Yeah I don't think he can lead us to a dance this year, but I think will will win a game or 2 in Sioux Falls. Kory might be one of the best defenders in the Summit and now he is taking control and drives to the hoop.
    After last season, I would not count them out. No one expected them to be dancing two years in a row after losing Braun & Co. March is still a long ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    After last season, I would not count them out. No one expected them to be dancing two years in a row after losing Braun & Co. March is still a long ways off.
    This right here this ain't the bison basketball team of the 80's right CAS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    This right here this ain't the bison basketball team of the 80's right CAS
    Agreed. They at least seem to give a shit now, and Brown is probably my favorite after Dex. Wish both were on Football team too!!

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.