Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco Trip Stories

Default Re: Frisco Trip Story's

Year one: We left on Tuesday and only ate at places on the way down that were reviewed on food network shows which ended up being a lot of fun. Hung out listening to blues in KC one night. Stopped in OK City and went to the national memorial at the Murrah Building site. That was an incredible experience. Went to Dealey Plaza in Dallas. A couple of days were a blur. Had a lot of fun and winning the championship and strolling down on the field after letting all the kids get down their first was a blast. All I remember thinking was we were supposed to be a year away.

Year two: Couldn't go because of a variety of mishaps.

Year three: Flew down and stayed at the Comfort Inn Suite across the parking lot from the stadium. Drank all night with McFeely, Gellner, and a few others on Friday. Watched the Bison beat the snot out of Towson and again on the field after the game hanging out with Bison fans for another trophy presentation. Went out to the Ft. Worth Stockyards on Saturday night and had a great dinner but missed the cattle drive. Sunday we went back to Dealey Plaza. JFK is still dead. Then the wait at the airport all night for a flight home.

Year four: Fired up the RV and took a crew down. Even brought along a un_ fan who cheered on the Bison. Other than the game, the rest of the weekend was a blur. We went out for a few drinks on Friday night and it turned into a late night with Bison fans and I was awoken in the tailgating lot Saturday morning ready for some football. The game was really the most decent weather the whole trip. Surrounded by ISUr fans who obviously just went to their first game in decades. Celebrated another championship trophy presentation on the field after wondering if the streak had ended a few minutes earlier. Drove home and cursed myself for taking a rig that gets 9 MPG when the gas prices were so high. Man it was a fun trip.

Year five: Taking the RV again and it will be a lot less painful gas-wise. Have a crew ready to go and as far as I know, no un_ fans this time. Learned a few lessons from last year's trip. Just as easy to un-winterize the RV and put some water in rather than flush with rv anti-freeze (I have tank heaters). Next week I am putting in some USB ports so we don't have to take turns charging phones while driving. This is the first year my wife will get to go, so I should have stories I can actually remember this year.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Year 5: Wow! We are still alive and the Bizon are going for a 5th time..... missed the first 4, but need to make it or else. Sold the farm to buy airline tix and seats. If the flights work, we get there on Thursday... have reservations for the Fest, and have 2 sets of tickets... 2 at Section 127, row 30 and 2 at section 104 row 8. (didn't know the layout of the stadium, so we have an extra pair of tickets in the visitors section.... unless the visitors don't show up.

Staying at the Spring Hill Suites (GoBison recommendation).... have no clue where it is at.

Just have a rental car. Dealer said all the 80 passenger tailgating decaled Bizon wagons were already taken.

Looking forward to Natty tailgating...

Where is 3rd base?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Year 5: Wow! We are still alive and the Bizon are going for a 5th time..... missed the first 4, but need to make it or else. Sold the farm to buy airline tix and seats. If the flights work, we get there on Thursday... have reservations for the Fest, and have 2 sets of tickets... 2 at Section 127, row 30 and 2 at section 104 row 8. (didn't know the layout of the stadium, so we have an extra pair of tickets in the visitors section.... unless the visitors don't show up.

Staying at the Spring Hill Suites (GoBison recommendation).... have no clue where it is at.

Just have a rental car. Dealer said all the 80 passenger tailgating decaled Bizon wagons were already taken.

Looking forward to Natty tailgating...

Where is 3rd base?
    Usually between 2nd base and home....man that was so bad it felt like a dad joke. Anyways, I have nothing of value to offer, because I've never been to Frisco. Hope you have a great time and wish I could be there. Be Loud!

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Two words: we took the Frisco Cruiser bus from Fargo to Frisco in January 2013.
    Two words: leaving 3rd base after dark and passing the Frisco Cruiser driving down the street with no headlights in January 2013

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    2011: Talking to a SHSU fan at 3rd Base after the game. He said he knew they were in trouble when they rolled into the parking lot to find NDSU fans already hard at it passing bottles of various hard liquors around about 7 a.m.

2013: A couple of older ladies cheering on Towson a few rows down from us were chatting when one says to the other in the second half "can't they at least let us score one more touchdown?". No ma'am, no we can't.
    I might have been right there with you. I remember two older ladies saying the same thing and discussing how to pronounce "Towson."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    It's called Wild Pitch now, few mins south of the stadium.
    There is also a new place called Tight Ends. According to the hotel manager.
    Care to speculate?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    There is also a new place called Tight Ends. According to the hotel manager.
    Care to speculate?

https://www.facebook.com/TightEndsPlano/

God Bless Texas.....

Travis Beck interception.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Looks like a great place
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.