Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jax St band to take section 120 ?

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Jax St band to take section 120 ?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    according to their board, they are putting their band in Section 121. HAHA

So let me get this straight, Row 1 Section 121 will have Tuba players in seats that could fetch $250/seat.

Smart move Jax St...

This post is a Public Service Announcement for all the bison fans with tickets in 120, 122... sorry!!
    If they want to pay to put the band in those seats which would otherwise be used for fans, all the more power to them. Its a dumbass idea to put the band there, but its their tickets.

AND IT IS SOUSAPHONES!!! NOT TUBAS!! only a complete idiot would put the sousa/tubas in the first row!! /slight purple for humor and being mostly serious

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I think it's stupid they bring bands to these at all...

No one wants to see a pep band halftime show. We want Fergie.
    We could call Adele but she doesnt answer the phone.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

How dare they give tickets to students who are participating in the festivities! What is this world coming to?
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Default Jax St band to take section 120 ?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    How dare they give tickets to students who are participating in the festivities! What is this world coming to?
    I know. It's not like bands are actual students. I guess schools should stop being about those who attend and more about those who live vicariously though the success of their favorite 23 year olds. What a stupid move to bring students! Shame on Ol Jax State!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Agreed. This is just like allocating part of their allotment for students. Band members are just getting first dibs. Maybe its resulting in a larger percentage going to their students vs donors/ticket holders, but oh well. It's up to them how they use their allotment. If their fans wanted tickets they should have bought them earlier before they sold out through the NCAA like most of us. They would have been taking the same gamble that we did on our team making it to Frisco.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Saxy Southerner View Post
    I know. It's not like bands are actual students. I guess schools should stop being about those who attend and more about those who live vicariously though the success of their favorite 23 year olds. What a stupid move to bring students! Shame on Ol Jax State!
    Most of us prefer the term "student musicians". Make us sound special. It would be a crime if the university didn't compensate us for our efforts, talent, and time. Oh, wait....they already HAVE!

But i graduated, so now i'm and engineer.

Won't they be out of breath and unable to shout and make noise when our offense is on the field?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Won't they be out of breath and unable to shout and make noise when our offense is on the field?
    Since there's 450 of us we take turns making noise so that we don't sound like the fat, out of breath whales that we are.

Jacksonville State hates Adele.........

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I suspect they require the band member to attend, because they couldn't get the rest of the student body to buy tickets and come to the game.