Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Jax St band to take section 120 ?

Default Re: Jax St band to take section 120 ?

2 words Lawrence Welk Band.

exits stage right..............
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    In their own sphere, many of the hometown posters on this thread are on the same level as an old Christmas song. I'm sure you know the one: "Troll, the ancient Yuletide carol."

At least I bothered to research Bison football, all the way back to DII, before posting anything. How many of you have checked into the Southerners' resume?

And I wish your hockey team and swine club only good and will speak nothing against them. But have they been invited to perform before the Queen of England?
    Who cares...its a freaking band. This is football. The Southerners will have nothing to do with the success or lack there of, of the Cock's on field performance. I do find it funny that there are more band geeks than knowledgeable football fans out and about from JSU right now.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Who cares...its a freaking band. This is football. The Southerners will have nothing to do with the success or lack there of, of the Cock's on field performance. I do find it funny that there are more band geeks than knowledgeable football fans out and about from JSU right now.
    This is a band thread. I enjoy the whole thing from the pep rally, to watching the cheerleaders, to the halftime and pregame shows...etc, etc, etc. It's all a part of the show. You've got a problem with the thread? Then don't read it.

I do agree that it's funny we have more band people visiting than football folks.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Default Jax St band to take section 120 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    A newspaper in a town of 20k has a paywall?
    The population of the area is WELL over 20,000 I assure you.

Within an hour of Anniston there approximately 1.7million residents. JSU is roughly 30 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I do agree that it's funny we have more band people visiting than football folks.
    I was gonna say are their any JSU football fans that aren't band members or aficionados.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxy Southerner View Post
    The population of the area is WELL over 20,000 I assure you.

Within an hour of Anniston there approximately 1.7million residents. JSU is roughly 30 minutes away.
    to be perfectly honest, I'd never even heard of Anniston so I looked up the Wikipedia page. It says 22,666 with a MSA of 112k

The Forum serves a MSA about double that and doesn't have a paywall. If you think people in Birmingham are reading the Anniston star on a regular basis, you're a little deluded.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Jax St band to take section 120 ?

to be perfectly honest, I'd never even heard of Anniston so I looked up the Wikipedia page. It says 22,666 with a MSA of 112k

The Forum serves a MSA about double that and doesn't have a paywall. If you think people in Birmingham are reading the Anniston star on a regular basis, you're a little deluded.
    Taking Birminham out of the equation:

The population of just the Oxford-Anniston-Jacksonville area (30-mile radius around Anniston) is in the ballpark of 500,000 people.

Much more than 20,000 and 112,000.

Like you said, you didn't even know Anniston existed. I'm pretty sure I know where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxy Southerner View Post
    Taking Birminham out of the equation:

The population of just the Oxford-Anniston-Jacksonville area (30-mile radius around Anniston) is in the ballpark of 500,000 people.

Much more than 20,000 and 112,000.

Like you said, you didn't even know Anniston existed. I'm pretty sure I know where I live.
    Do you know what the circulation of the Anniston Star is?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not exactly, but it's pretty prevalent around here, 25 miles away.

appears it was 27k in 2004...cant find current numbers, and those were Sunday editions
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant