Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison smarter that Stitt

Default Re: Bison smarter that Stitt

Quote Originally Posted by calelars24 View Post
    Sat in the Richmond section during the drive, a Richmond fan was imploring his defense to stop us as we were in his words, "running the same play over and over" I could do nothing but chuckle and think yep, this aint James Madison, buddy
    This post is exactly why I love the power running game. The other team knows what is coming, we make little effort to disguise what we are doing, and they still can't stop it. That has to be completely demoralizing to the entire team, and apparently their fans.

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    This is a great article for those of you who like to learn some technical football. Code Green!! How North Dakota State stopped the Bob Stitt Air Raid
    SssHHHHHHHH!
    "The bird is in your hand"

Re-watch that drive and just focus in on Bonnett. He was crushing guys out there. He wasn't the only one, but my god is he powerful. JSU has some size on defense so it'll be interesting to see how tight the chin straps will be.

They better get the turf prepared, unlike 2013!

I wish we'd see analysis like this on JSU, other situations. Bisonville is mostly crap except for threads like this and Sagarin. Seeing and reading about actually game plans either pre or post game is really interesting. I would love to read about what we likely will do against their pass game. I think JSU feels that is their bread and butter and it's what they go to when the "need a play". For those of you who played...looking at their likely starters and alignments...what likely will we do? CJ man up, Champion with help from Grimsley and what else? I don't fear their run game as much as the pass. This QB is Roberson with a much better arm in terms of accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    I would love to read about what we likely will do against their pass game. I think JSU feels that is their bread and butter and it's what they go to when the "need a play".
    Pressure on the QB from our front 4 is a cure-all. I think we can do that and stay in our base package, disguising our coverages on the pre-snap read like we've been doing (very well) the last few weeks without a need for a lot of blitzing.

We lose the advantage of the QB not being to audible, as we just aren't as loud at Frisco as we are in the Dome.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

You forget that my wife is going to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Pressure on the QB from our front 4 is a cure-all. I think we can do that and stay in our base package, disguising our coverages on the pre-snap read like we've been doing (very well) the last few weeks without a need for a lot of blitzing.

We lose the advantage of the QB not being to audible, as we just aren't as loud at Frisco as we are in the Dome.
    Challenge accepted
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

So all you need to defeat the air raid is " quality and versatility" of your D-line, good linebackers, and a good secondary. Shouldn't be hard to replicate that.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I could hear the pads cracking up in row y. Shit was unreal.
    It is a thing of beauty seeing our lineman firing off the ball.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Default Bison smarter that Stitt

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    Re-watch that drive and just focus in on Bonnett. He was crushing guys out there. He wasn't the only one, but my god is he powerful. JSU has some size on defense so it'll be interesting to see how tight the chin straps will be.

They better get the turf prepared, unlike 2013!

I wish we'd see analysis like this on JSU, other situations. Bisonville is mostly crap except for threads like this and Sagarin. Seeing and reading about actually game plans either pre or post game is really interesting. I would love to read about what we likely will do against their pass game. I think JSU feels that is their bread and butter and it's what they go to when the "need a play". For those of you who played...looking at their likely starters and alignments...what likely will we do? CJ man up, Champion with help from Grimsley and what else? I don't fear their run game as much as the pass. This QB is Roberson with a much better arm in terms of accuracy.
    Jenkins gets rid of ball quick on shorter routes. I think we might try to jam WRs to throw off timing and to allow time for DL to get to him. Need safety help big time, and maybe we see a lot of nickel if we can shut run game down with it. May test that alearly.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Jenkins gets rid of ball quick on shorter routes. I think we might try to jam WRs to throw off timing and to allow time for DL to get to him. Need safety help big time, and maybe we see a lot of nickel if we can shut run game down with it. May test that alearly.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Is this a situation where they might have a place for Board on the field?