Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bison smarter that Stitt

Default Re: Bison smarter that Stitt

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Is this a situation where they might have a place for Board on the field?
    I'm thinking no. I'm not sure Board understands the schemes well enough to play fast. Too much thinking slows a player down. Can't wait til things click for him, but Natty game is not the game to test whether it has IMO.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I'm thinking no. I'm not sure Board understands the schemes well enough to play fast. Too much thinking slows a player down. Can't wait til things click for him, but Natty game is not the game to test whether it has IMO.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Physically he can probably play just about any position on the field. I so much want for something to work for him in his head about the game. I was thinking maybe putting him in a position where he had to react instead of thinking about reacting might work. He'll probably think about it anyways.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Pressure on the QB from our front 4 is a cure-all. I think we can do that and stay in our base package, disguising our coverages on the pre-snap read like we've been doing (very well) the last few weeks without a need for a lot of blitzing.

We lose the advantage of the QB not being to audible, as we just aren't as loud at Frisco as we are in the Dome.
    Agree with this, I think we are doing a great job of making opposing QB's feel comfortable with what they are seeing until the ball is snapped. By the time they are comfortable with what they see after the ball is snapped we are on them without the need to sell out on a blitz. JSU QB looks good but his eyes are going to see things that they have not seen this year post snap when he plays us. We just need to have a plan for when he pulls it down, which we have also improved on lately. Again not having to blitz leaves some of your best athletes available to tackle when the QB runs.

Being able to stay in our base two deep safety has prevented a lot of the moon ball passes these teams have been completing against other teams and has also led to a lot of picks against Montana and Richmond.

JSU seems to also like to throw it way up there too. Need to stop the run with the front 7 and allow the safeties to stay back in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats a great read. Thank you for sharing!
    That was a good read.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    This ^^^^ is so f---ing true!!! I was so damn proud of the Bison Friday night! They were truly awesome and will make Jacksonville quit by halftime if they hit like that! Incredible closing speed!
    I am assuming this also depends on how we match up physically against Jacksonville ?
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"