Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Smith

Default Re: Andrew Smith

Losing players early is ok. As I've stated before, it's a waste of everyone's time to quit when you have several years invested into the program. During your redshirt year is the best time to leave

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Losing players early is ok. As I've stated before, it's a waste of everyone's time to quit when you have several years invested into the program. During your redshirt year is the best time to leave
    That is not true. A player likely feels the most home sick after his first semester. They go from being the man in high school to being pretty irrelevant and not playing for much (other than scout team) in college. Its a huge change. Most kids will tell you that once they stick it out it gets better. So I disagree, its not ok to lose someone in their first year.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We beat Oregon's offer of a PWO to get Mooney right?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    We beat Oregon's offer of a PWO to get Mooney right?

yes, if gone that sucks....oh well
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

In my opinion Trenton had some awful luck when his Dad was in the life threatening accident. Right before he was to come to NDSU. It is hard enough to leave home, then his Dad is seriously hurt, just an awful and sad situation. I think transferring closer to home is a great thing for him and his family and I think the world of a kid that gave it his best during a very difficult time for the family! I hope he succeeds in whatever he does. He was a great kid. Not to pump sunshine, but we reload on the OL better than any other postion and have 4 kids coming in and redshirts that are ready, we are very fortunate. Again, best of luck to Trenton.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Really to anyone who leaves, best of luck to them unless they transfer to the University of Hawaii, then screw em.

It's not a part time job, it really gives you some lifelong memories, friends, etc....but it's got to be a grind both physically and mentally. Sometimes just being a college student for these guys has got to be "fun". I agree, when they move home or closer to home you can't blame them. Or, if they are 22 or 23 and just want to get going with that job or wifey deal, no worries. I'd give my left nut to have been good enough to put the jersey (especially now since the on-ramp is demolished) on and that's were the not so casual fan probably gets stuck...since they didn't do it or weren't good enough to do it, they don't understand when someone walks away from it.

Good luck to all of them....

Andrew Smith had a great block on Andersons kick return TD against UNI.

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    Really to anyone who leaves, best of luck to them unless they transfer to the University of Hawaii, then screw em.

It's not a part time job, it really gives you some lifelong memories, friends, etc....but it's got to be a grind both physically and mentally. Sometimes just being a college student for these guys has got to be "fun". I agree, when they move home or closer to home you can't blame them. Or, if they are 22 or 23 and just want to get going with that job or wifey deal, no worries. I'd give my left nut to have been good enough to put the jersey (especially now since the on-ramp is demolished) on and that's were the not so casual fan probably gets stuck...since they didn't do it or weren't good enough to do it, they don't understand when someone walks away from it.

Good luck to all of them....
    Whats wrong with Hawaii?!
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Whats wrong with Hawaii?!

Have you ever got drunk and tried to walk home to North Dakota......... Ya didn't think so............ That is what is wrong with Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    That is not true. A player likely feels the most home sick after his first semester. They go from being the man in high school to being pretty irrelevant and not playing for much (other than scout team) in college. Its a huge change. Most kids will tell you that once they stick it out it gets better. So I disagree, its not ok to lose someone in their first year.
    I'm not saying it's good. I'm saying if there is ever a time to lose a player, it's during their first year. Otherwise too many people have wasted time and effort into each other.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com