Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the Only One? Sam vs Jax.

Default Re: Am I the Only One? Sam vs Jax.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    People can say what they like about the OVC (and most of it will be true), but JSU is very athletic. They took it too a talent loaded, very athletic Auburn team. Auburn is by no means Bama this year but they are still brimming with 4 star talent. JSU is legit
    Or, FBS and SEC are overrated. ��

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Jsu gave up 38 to a 3rd string QB
    The Charleston Southern game? No. They played their starter, Brown, and the backup, Copeland. The No. 3 kid who played most of their game against the Citadel didn't see the field in Jacksonville.

Regardless, JSU gave up 38 points not so much to CSU's quarterbacks as to a pair of solid running backs who combined for 335 yards on kickoff returns. If the Gamecocks hadn't kept scoring they might have won by more. (Wait ... what?) CSU scored on two drives in the fourth quarter that started on JSU's 21 and 6 after kicks.

Hopefully that special teams trouble doesn't return this week, the offense shines, the defense holds and we punch our tickets for Frisco. It seems likely we'd see the Bison there, which is fine. If you're gonna take a shot at a title it might as well be against four-time winners. That said, I'll admit to anticipating a sense of relief if Richmond somehow pulls it off Friday; it would make ticket shopping easier, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSinfonian View Post
    That said, I'll admit to anticipating a sense of relief if Richmond somehow pulls it off Friday; it would make ticket shopping easier, anyway.
    You will see a fire sale on the secondary market if NDSU somehow loses this game. Heck, tell your friends to come here as I am sure some very good tickets will be posted. There is a reason the game is sold out every year long before the Bison make it there....
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 12-16-2015 at 02:06 PM.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tough call as both defenses pretty much don't bother to show up. I'd say JSU has the less crappy defense and their QB can do a few things, so they win. However, I'd like to see SHSU win so they can bring all 8 of their fans to Frisco. If you have any doubt as to how much they don't support their team, for their home playoff game last weekend, they had a crowd of 5,074. Stadium holds 14,000.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd really like NDSU to get the goose egg out of the win column against Jax St. 0-2 against them all time, so payback is needed. What better spot for that then the Championship Game?

This is all assuming we take care of business Friday night of course.

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    Tough call as both defenses pretty much don't bother to show up. I'd say JSU has the less crappy defense and their QB can do a few things, so they win. However, I'd like to see SHSU win so they can bring all 8 of their fans to Frisco. If you have any doubt as to how much they don't support their team, for their home playoff game last weekend, they had a crowd of 5,074. Stadium holds 14,000.

But it was probably bone chilling cold, so they didn't brave the cold for the game. Also, Christmas shopping isn't done. Duh.

Hope JSU takes it. Want to see how the Bison can match up to their athletes. I think we would crush SHSU again. They had their 3 shots at us, more new blood the better!

Quote Originally Posted by TateMosersneighbor View Post
    But it was probably bone chilling cold, so they didn't brave the cold for the game. Also, Christmas shopping isn't done. Duh.
    The game time was moved after many tickets were sold with a no-return policy. Some fans that travel couldn't make the earlier time slot. Also, it was mid-term commencement. That took a small toll. You are right about weather though. The temperatures were in the 70's, but we were under the gun for severe storms. That kept the rest of the crowd down. The move to 11AM did keep us dry. The rain started later, and at around 6PM, there was a tornado just a couple of exits south in New Waverly. It hit one of my old bar haunts, Borski's! We stayed with a buddy there in Huntsville, and his rain gauge showed 5" when we got up Sunday. I think we had several more than 8 fans in Frisco, both times. Hell, I partied with you guys on our side. You guys bought up many of the tickets after the 2012 game, but we still had a great showing. We already have 12 tickets for Frisco ourselves, so that beats your estimate already!!!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kat78 View Post
    The game time was moved after many tickets were sold with a no-return policy. Some fans that travel couldn't make the earlier time slot. Also, it was mid-term commencement. That took a small toll. You are right about weather though. The temperatures were in the 70's, but we were under the gun for severe storms. That kept the rest of the crowd down. The move to 11AM did keep us dry. The rain started later, and at around 6PM, there was a tornado just a couple of exits south in New Waverly. It hit one of my old bar haunts, Borski's! We stayed with a buddy there in Huntsville, and his rain gauge showed 5" when we got up Sunday. I think we had several more than 8 fans in Frisco, both times. Hell, I partied with you guys on our side. You guys bought up many of the tickets after the 2012 game, but we still had a great showing. We already have 12 tickets for Frisco ourselves, so that beats your estimate already!!!
    Okay, okay, so it will be your 12 plus the other 8. Solid 20.

By the way, that string of excuses is solid enough to get you automatically enrolled at UND.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

LOL! Lots of excuses, but valid. That EWU game at Huntsville had a full stadium, but when the lightning started hitting around the campus, they emptied the place. It rained so hard, cars parked on a street near the stadium were under water. When it rains in Huntsville, it freaking RAINS in Huntsville! Commencement happened in 2011 during our semifinal against Montana State, but it was a night game. Kids showed up in cap and gowns. If we make it to Frisco, we'll be there.