Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: SPIDERS vs BISON

Default Re: SPIDERS vs BISON

One prediction on the Panther board is that we will lose to Richmond---might as well end this thread and not even try.

Actually I was impressed by Richmond, but at times their defense looked like ours earlier in the year when they missed a number of tackles.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Excited to learn more about the Richmond team. Its always fun to see some new blood come to town. Certainly they have a very good squad. Long travel for them, will be interesting how many fans make the trip for the spiders.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Excited to learn more about the Richmond team. Its always fun to see some new blood come to town. Certainly they have a very good squad. Long travel for them, will be interesting how many fans make the trip for the spiders.
    Yes! So glad conference play is over.

Keep the Spiders one dimensional and stop the run. I know their strength is in the passing game but defending with run blitzes and then going after the QB if he doesn't hand off will make him have to move his feet. Like EC8CH said, the Montana game plan would probably be very effective. Constant pressure with the inability to run will cause for errant throws the whole game. Let them deal with that.

We have to run the ball on offense. The shitbirds were effectively running the ball and took themselves out of the game by passing. They had a couple of nice skinny posts to the TE, but they should have stayed true to running the football. When Coprich had the ball, he was ripping the defense apart. I would like to see Anderson and Dunn attacking the edge a little bit and we should be putting up a couple bills on the ground without any problem. Frazier can eat up the middle once it is loosened up.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Keep the Spiders one dimensional and stop the run. I know their strength is in the passing game but defending with run blitzes and then going after the QB if he doesn't hand off will make him have to move his feet. Like EC8CH said, the Montana game plan would probably be very effective. Constant pressure with the inability to run will cause for errant throws the whole game. Let them deal with that.

We have to run the ball on offense. The shitbirds were effectively running the ball and took themselves out of the game by passing. They had a couple of nice skinny posts to the TE, but they should have stayed true to running the football. When Coprich had the ball, he was ripping the defense apart. I would like to see Anderson and Dunn attacking the edge a little bit and we should be putting up a couple bills on the ground without any problem. Frazier can eat up the middle once it is loosened up.
    Coprich was the opposite of effective the entire game...we need our backs to a do a better job. I am a fan of the emergence of Frazier lately.
    Last edited by EndZoneQB; 12-12-2015 at 10:58 PM.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

Didn't Coprich have like 15 yards at halftime?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Coprich was the opposite of ineffective the entire game...we need our backs to a do a better job. I am a fan of the emergence of Frazier lately.
    I think you meant to say effective. I just looked at the box score. I was doing about three other things at the same time I was watching the game, so I obviously missed a lot of his carries. I saw the TD run. It was a nice run. I saw a couple more where he was picking up 4 or 5 on first down but I didn't know that was about it. The spiders did do a good job of shutting him down because of what I was seeing, I didn't know he carried the ball 14 times. I did miss almost all of the first half. So when I picked the game up, they weren't running the ball much anymore and I thought they should have. They were down by 2 scores in the third and weren't running the ball hardly at all. They had 1st and goal at the 4 and didn't run Coprich at all and settled for a FG. I guess by the time I had started watching the game, I was a bit out of touch at what was happening but still thought they should do what got them there.

Hopefully, we don't make the same mistakes. We have to run the ball. I have always been a huge fan of Frazier. I have said it before many times, he is a slot car back. He runs the plays exactly how they are designed in the playbook. If the blocking is on point as the play is designed, King will run right on the line in the playbook and give you exactly what the play is designed to give you. I have joked he gets tackled where the line ends and turns into an arrow in the playbook. For him, they need to draw the line all the way to the endzone. He will bounce off defenders, plow through them, or jump over them but he will get back on that line because his blockers should be clearing it. There is a lot of confidence in a coaching staff when a player is that disciplined to the playbook. What Anderson and Dunn give you is the unpredictability of leaving the playbook line if they see something else that looks better. That can result in self-made home runs. It also leads to being hit at angles they might not see coming. The whole package leads to such a wide variation defenses don't know how to fully prepare for. UNI just plays good, solid defense. I have a hard time imagining the Spiders have seen as many backs who bring such a wide variety of skill sets to the field. It will be interesting to see if they can adjust fast enough to how different each of them are.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm watching a replay of the second half of Richmond and ISUr right now (hosted a holiday party last night, so couldn't see the whole game). I'm glad we're hosting a non-MVFC team next week, and I'm not seeing anything from Richmond that we can't handle. The receivers are good, but we've learned how to defend that. I do hope, if we play Friday, that the team can be ready to go with a short week. Seems like UNI always takes more out of us than usual.

My 6yr old daughter said we will squish the icky spiders. I hope so.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    I'm watching a replay of the second half of Richmond and ISUr right now (hosted a holiday party last night, so couldn't see the whole game). I'm glad we're hosting a non-MVFC team next week, and I'm not seeing anything from Richmond that we can't handle. The receivers are good, but we've learned how to defend that. I do hope, if we play Friday, that the team can be ready to go with a short week. Seems like UNI always takes more out of us than usual.
    The good thing is the ISUr/Richmond game was very physical, so it should even out as far as that feeling of something getting something taken out. Plus we are used to having physical games every week without a break. Not many schools in the country have to see teams like valley teams every week whether they want to or not. Except Richmond. Now they have to go through the valley. There is still no doubt about it, while there are some who think ISUr lost too much going into this year to repeat a trip to Frisco, the Spiders winning is still a pretty big upset. Richmond beating two valley teams to get to Frisco would be monumental. They probably have as much to bitch about with the brackets as anyone. Even with their one national championship back in 2008, their win against ISUr is up there as a signature win for their program. Now they have to game plan and prepare their asses off, again. We haven't seen a Bison team unprepared for a playoff game and this won't be any different. If the spiders are going to go to Frisco, it will be one of the most earned trips in recent FCS history. The Bison will be ready with enough experience to know if they lay it all out on the line, they get three weeks off before the drive for five reaches its conclusion.