Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI post game thoughts (Version 2)

Default Re: UNI post game thoughts (Version 2)

College football fans act stupid towards each other because of what team/school they support? Sounds about right.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Like I said before I know Dan, if he said he saw it, he saw it. I agree that it's possible they were just sour grapes. Hell, I got absolutely harassed during the entire Montana game but it has been dismissed as sour grapes.

This will go away.
    I don't doubt there were exchanges, but the story sure sounds exaggerated
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    College football fans act stupid towards each other because of what team/school they support? Sounds about right.
    exactly........hell they fist fight in the stands at NFL games....seen it first hand

security hauls them out, game over..no crying on Facebook and sending it to local media

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I think some fanbases develop a culture which can be more stupid than another and some develop a hatred against certain other fanbases which lend to more stupid behavior. Your F'n Hawks don't throw dead gophers on the ice when you play Quinnipiac.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Mistake or intentional, you are right, it is still 15 yards and ended up being very costly for them. If it was intentional, it wouldn't surprise me with the track record between these two schools. If it was a mistake, then it was a young man trying to make a play, didn't see the fair catch, and also timed it wrong. Either way, we adjusted and made them pay for it and no one got hurt.
    I seldom get into the speculation regarding intent. Primarily because I don't like it when opposing fans do it to us. For reference see the commentary about the Connor Wentz block in the back that broke the leg of an UNDie safety (an example of how goofy some fans can be). We used to put up with a lot of opposing fans saying we played dirty because of the old turf and cut blocks that seemed to result in a lot of leg injuries. I haven't seen a lot of that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    McFeely chimes in on the "bad behavior".

http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2015/1...as-its-idiots/
    What! You're trying to tell me that when you put 20k people in a room together that there are going to be a few assholes in the group, but that I'm not allowed to lump all 20k into that category because of a Facebook post by one guy I've never met who heard 2nd hand that some of these jerks exist! What is this world coming to!
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I seldom get into the speculation regarding intent. Primarily because I don't like it when opposing fans do it to us. For reference see the commentary about the Connor Wentz block in the back that broke the leg of an UNDie safety (an example of how goofy some fans can be). We used to put up with a lot of opposing fans saying we played dirty because of the old turf and cut blocks that seemed to result in a lot of leg injuries. I haven't seen a lot of that lately.
    I think NDSU has done a good job of developing a persona of playing tough but within the boundaries of the game. In early FCS football, we had some thug teams. Late hits, giving guys a little extra business when throwing down, the extra shove out of bounds, and other stuff. The stuff we see now is abnormal and isolated. UNI has a current culture of playing "dirty" so I do think it is human nature to not give them the benefit of the doubt when things like this happen. Like I said, maybe it was an honest mistake from playing hard. They were penalized and it cost them. Because it falls into something we have come to expect, it raised the question in the first place. There are other programs out there if this happened no one would have questioned intent. It would have been racked up as a gunner who didn't see the sign and was trying to time a big hit to cause something positive for his team. I don't blame Bison fans for bringing it up. We didn't create the doubt, they did. I do think there have been stretches in Bison history where Bison football was on the edge of playing dirty and the doubt would have been warranted during those times if the tables were turned. It is too bad any of these thoughts ever cross our minds, but when patterns develop, it isn't a stretch to attach intent.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Mistake or intentional, you are right, it is still 15 yards and ended up being very costly for them. If it was intentional, it wouldn't surprise me with the track record between these two schools. If it was a mistake, then it was a young man trying to make a play, didn't see the fair catch, and also timed it wrong. Either way, we adjusted and made them pay for it and no one got hurt.
    When I saw this happen, the hit on Perkins, I thought it was a severe hit, using helmet and shoulder pads, on a defenseless player. As Perkins was looking up for the punt, exposed in a vulnerable position. I really don't know the intent, if intentional or not. Perkins was smoked while exposed, stationary and vulnerable. To me the player should have been ejected. And, i saw Perkins favoring his arm/shoulder as he ran off the field, must not have been too bad though. Just my opinion.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    A common theme on opposing fan boards after a loss is still that NDSU cheats and plays dirty, especially the O line.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    A common theme on opposing fan boards after a loss is still that NDSU cheats and plays dirty, especially the O line.
    well the montana fans are pretty sure there will be NCAA sanctions coming....and no not just that head case 1952

one has even suggested steroid use...lol