Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Bob Nielson to USD

Default Re: Bob Nielson to USD

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    As you pointed out, it takes time for tradition to take hold, and last time I checked, SDSU has had as long as NDSU and has been D1 the same amount of time. They have no excuse not to sell the place out and all I get are excuses. If NDSU can do it, they should be able to do it. It is like they view themselves as some kind of underling to NDSU and they can never get there for this, that, and other reasons. I just don't buy it. They should be trying to meet and exceed NDSU, but I just don't get that sense from their fan base, and I work with them everyday.

Now winning would sure help, but honestly, they have done pretty darn well.
    You realize that until this season we had a crappy stadium with around 11,000 actual seats, right?

In a half completed stadium, we had 2 top 5 crowds in the history of the program with another that was just shy of reaching top 10 status. For the sake of comparison, in 2013 we had 2 games with fewer than 8000 fans. This year, our lowest attendanced games were over 9000.

There are some challenges in Brookings that simply don't exist in larger "metros" like Fargo. We are growing despite those challenges. It doesn't happen overnight, but we are making HUGE strides in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    You realize that until this season we had a crappy stadium with around 11,000 actual seats, right?
    I saw many of your games on TV, and many of those seats were empty, even on the new side. I can't cut you slack when you only have 11k seats.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post

In a half completed stadium, we had 2 top 5 crowds in the history of the program with another that was just shy of reaching top 10 status. For the sake of comparison, in 2013 we had 2 games with fewer than 8000 fans. This year, our lowest attendanced games were over 9000.

There are some challenges in Brookings that simply don't exist in larger "metros" like Fargo. We are growing despite those challenges. It doesn't happen overnight, but we are making HUGE strides in the right direction.
    Will this hold up next year when the top 3 teams in the valley and country are road games and not In Brookings?

Just curious, and I guess I should ask also will the renovations be 100% dome by next year obviously that will have an im po act also
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Will this hold up next year when the top 3 teams in the valley and country are road games and not In Brookings?

Just curious, and I guess I should ask also will the renovations be 100% dome by next year obviously that will have an im po act also
    Dome? Are the Bunnies putting up a dome?

(Yes, I know finger check, but it opened the opportunity for some thread drift and Bunny harassment. Looking forward to SoCalled getting going on this.)
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Some of you might find this interesting:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...oach/79428976/

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Some of you might find this interesting:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...oach/79428976/
    Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy. I would have sworn the SDSU and USD trolls said multi year contracts were not a big deal and they were the smart ones and NDSU is dumb? For the life of me, I could not figure out how USD got Nielson; now we know.

I wonder if this contributed to the story flip flopping that Nielson was leaving, then stay, then leaving Western?

Yots go to Kstate 2018

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy. I would have sworn the SDSU and USD trolls said multi year contracts were not a big deal and they were the smart ones and NDSU is dumb? For the life of me, I could not figure out how USD got Nielson; now we know.
    I don't recall seeing anyone claiming that NDSU was dumb or that anyone was dumb for having multi-year contracts. I do think I read people say that SDSU has had longevity with their coaches though.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I don't recall seeing anyone claiming that NDSU was dumb or that anyone was dumb for having multi-year contracts. I do think I read people say that SDSU has had longevity with their coaches though.
    Oh, there was one poster who insinuated this; they know who they are...