Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Playoffs Round 3: All Games

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default FCS Playoffs Round 3: All Games

Thought another separate thread for all quarterfinal games would be appropriate so that the most important game is still highlighted by its own thread.

Friday
    Charleston Southern (8)
    Jacksonville St. (1)

Richmond (7)
    Illinois St. (2)

Saturday
    Northern Iowa
    NDSU (3)

Sam Houston St.
    Colgate

Default Re: FCS Playoffs Round 3: All Games

Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this, but a Richmond win on Friday night seems like it might bump up the crowd level a notch on Saturday knowing that a win would mean another home game. It really shouldn't matter...just seems like it does. Typically I like knowing if we've advanced to the next round (Friday night or early Saturday game) before the potential opponents game, so I can watch closely and scrutinize the game. But being we're not locked into home field this year this is flipped for me and I'm glad our game is after the Richmond/ISU-R game on Friday night.

In any event, we'll all be following this weeks 4 games closely.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

I have this feeling that Saturday night the Bison will be the highest ranked team still in the playoffs and the made up animals win their game setting up a Bison/Spiders and Bearkat/Bucs semis.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I have this feeling that Saturday night the Bison will be the highest ranked team still in the playoffs and the made up animals win their game setting up a Bison/Spiders and Bearkat/Bucs semis.
    I wld take that!

I agree, I just have a weird feeling that Richmond is going to pull the upset. JSU could very well lose as well.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed, JSU could lose, ISU could lose, and between Sam and Colgate, Sam Houston, playoff experience, and they are good this time of year as of recently.

Come on Richmond!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Come on Richmond!!

I'd like another home playoff game, but I'd also like to see their stadium half full of Bison fans and the Bison break their home winning streak.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

http://www.videtteonline.com/index.p...ock-stadium-3/

One can only imagine how Hancock Stadium will look if and when a possible FCS playoffs semifinal matchup/2014 FCS National Championship rematch against North Dakota State occurs on Dec. 18 or 19. The Bison faithful are known for traveling in bunches and will migrate in flocks to Central Illinois. Redbird fans can expect a sea of yellow and gold taking over Normal if the matchup does happen. Bison fans will not only outnumber Redbird fans but will make Hancock Stadium look like FargoDome 2.0.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Idk if that will happen after Frisco last year. Their fans strike me as the type that don't care to go to their own football games unless the opposing fans want to. One of their most blowhardy fans spouted off constantly last year on AGS about how he whipped their fan base into a frenzy about Bison fans taking their tickets and got them to sell out their Frisco allotment. I get the feeling this would be the same deal. They'll withhold selling tickets to the "general public" until Friday (or Thursday if its a Friday game) and sell only to their boosters/students/alums.

Long story short, there will be a lot less Bison fans (and fans overall) that will be there than there could be. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my guess of how it would go down.