Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Follow through on field goals

Default Re: Follow through on field goals

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you don't know dick about kicking, WTF are you posting this? I'm sure Cam doesn't need a fucking internet coach. Please delete this shitty thread
    What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    I'm done posting. Didn't think posting about FG technique was that big of a deal. I was trying to get a photo of Cam extending prior and after the kick. Never got a good one of the follow through like I have with other kickers. So he has a different technique that resembles some photos I've taken at soccer games.

Back to read only.
    There you go Herdbot you caused another poster to leave because of you being a disrespectful dick.

2 missed fieldgoals and a missed extra point indoors is worth having a discussion over. People talk about a QB's footwork or I just saw people talking about sidearm throws on a recruit. It is all fair game to discuss, the players are not getting there coaching from here as this a DISCUSSION board. Heck I know very little about kicking and found it interesting.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    There you go Herdbot you caused another poster to leave because of you being a disrespectful dick.

2 missed fieldgoals and a missed extra point indoors is worth having a discussion over. People talk about a QB's footwork or I just saw people talking about sidearm throws on a recruit. It is all fair game to discuss, the players are not getting there coaching from here as this a DISCUSSION board. Heck I know very little about kicking and found it interesting.
    From my vantage point on Saturday, the extra point snap was off and threw off the timing. IMHO

I think there were a couple bad snaps too. I know at least one high snap to LeCompte that was nearly a blocked punt.

I'm done posting. Didn't think posting about FG technique was that big of a deal. I was trying to get a photo of Cam extending prior and after the kick. Never got a good one of the follow through like I have with other kickers. So he has a different technique that resembles some photos I've taken at soccer games. I'm not trying to say he doesn't have good technique. I wouldn't know.

Back to read only.
    Meh, let it roll off your back. Keep posting...and let CAS stop posting. We all win!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Sure. I probably shouldn't start with "I don't know". Because that most likely gets under the skin of the ones who know everything. I thought the video series on kicking field goals was short and informative, broken up into phases of the FG attempt. They have one on the target line that explained how a kicker lines up the attempt.

Kicking is very technical and every thing has to go right for a good kick. If the snaps off or the hold isn't placed just right the kick can just miss but it's always the kicker who is blamed.

Laces out Marino!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Sure. I probably shouldn't start with "I don't know". Because that most likely gets under the skin of the ones who know everything. I thought the video series on kicking field goals was short and informative, broken up into phases of the FG attempt. They have one on the target line that explained how a kicker lines up the attempt.
    GFBison.............you ignorant slut!

What?.......it's not? Oh, sorry. I thought this was the "tough love" thread. Never mind.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think there were a couple bad snaps too. I know at least one high snap to LeCompte that was nearly a blocked punt.
    My dad commented on this as well, that he hadn't seen a less than perfect snap from Fish for a long time.

Edit: Referenced a snap on a punt early on that LeCompte had to leave his feet for to catch.
    Last edited by 17>1; 12-08-2015 at 04:18 PM.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    This isn't respectful either though. C'mon, fellas.