Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats from a Griz fan

Default Congrats from a Griz fan

Hey, Bison fans.

I just wanted to stop by and say congrats for the win on Saturday. The Bison sure kicked Montana's ass and dominated from start to finish. I really thought that we would keep it close and we very well could have if our offense could have had any production against your defense. Hats off to your team.

My fiancee and I made the drive over to Fargo from western Montana with a couple of friends as we wanted to check out the gameday atmosphere as we've heard a lot of Bison fans rave about. As for our experience, we were treated great at the tailgates. We ran into some great Bison fans and we were offered a shit ton of beer and food to the point where we had to turn it down just so that we could make it inside of the stadium. Shotskis, fantastic homemade french fries, and much more. Absolutely delicious! We received a lot of fist bumps and comments like "Thanks for coming to Fargo", "Thanks for being great hosts in Missoula back in August", "Good Luck" as well as some friendly heckling. It was a great experience.

As for the game, I had to chuckle at a comment an event staff member gave to me. Our seats were in one of the endzones just to the corner of the Montana section. When I asked this gentleman if he could point us to where we needed to go to find our seats, he pointed up towards the top of the endzone and said, "have a nice climb." Had to laugh as we're used to climbing to the very top of the NEZ in WA-Grizzly Stadium. We're conditioned for those climbs. Great view and had some fun light-hearted smack with Bison fans sitting around us during the game.

The Fargodome is impressive. Awesome pregame show the band puts on, cool tunnel run the team has with the lights out. Although I am biased and enjoy outdoor football more than indoor football, you guys definitely make noise and use the dome to your advantage. It was loud in there for most of the game until it really got out of hand. Although I still think WA-Griz is louder, you guys have a fantastic atmosphere and it's easy to see why NDSU is now 14-0 in the FCS playoffs. My ears were ringing after the game which was annoying. You have a good thing going on in Fargo.

Overall I had a fun experience on Saturday. My favorite part was the tailgating because let's be honest, my team didn't show up which didn't make for a fun game for a Griz fan. In the end, I want to thank the few Bison fans that we met, ate and drank with for being great hosts. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way and hope we can continue this rivalry in the future. These games are very good for our two schools and the FCS.

Cheers!

Default Re: Congrats from a Griz fan

Thanks, good luck next year
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

You are always welcome in Fargo and hope we do continue to play each other. Go Bison!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GetEmGriz View Post
    The Fargodome is impressive. Awesome pregame show the band puts on, cool tunnel run the team has with the lights out. .............. why NDSU is now 14-0 in the FCS playoffs. My ears were ringing after the game which was annoying. You have a good thing going on in Fargo.
    ........These games are very good for our two schools and the FCS.

Cheers!
    Thank you and good luck next season!

Not to nitpick but NDSU is 14-0 in FargoDome playoff games, they all happen to be FCS.
    We are 19-1 in the FCS playoffs overall, the one loss being in 2010 at EWU in overtime.

And thanks also for appreciating the band, not everyone does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Thank you and good luck next season!

Not to nitpick but NDSU is 14-0 in FargoDome playoff games, they all happen to be FCS.
    We are 19-1 in the FCS playoffs overall, the one loss being in 2010 at EWU in overtime.

And thanks also for appreciating the band, not everyone does.
    That's what I was saying but I should have clarified it more. I like to give props to the band because I was in the UM Marching Band when I attended college.

thats gotta be a long drive back to Western Montana...probably the same distance as Fargo to Frisco.

Glad you enjoyed it outside the game...NDSU would be a great game to visit if i were an opposing team fan...our tailgate is really good at getting opposing fans in our bus for shots.

Quote Originally Posted by GetEmGriz View Post
    The Fargodome is impressive. Awesome pregame show the band puts on, cool tunnel run the team has with the lights out. Although I am biased and enjoy outdoor football more than indoor football, you guys definitely make noise and use the dome to your advantage. It was loud in there for most of the game until it really got out of hand. Although I still think WA-Griz is louder, you guys have a fantastic atmosphere and it's easy to see why NDSU is now 14-0 in the FCS playoffs. My ears were ringing after the game which was annoying. You have a good thing going on in Fargo.
    Thanks for visiting. Great post.

Regarding the bolded section above, I agree. I wasn't at the GSU game a few years back when the FargoDome erupted on our last-second score, but I have been to a few big games, including playoff games in the dome. Now, maybe it depends quite a bit where you are in the stadium, but from my 50-yard line seats at WA-Griz in August, there was definitely a more intense roar from the crowd than I've heard in the FargoDome.

Yeah congrats on the win you guys beat our ass.

I will say this, Saturday was the first time in Fargo I had problems with NDSU fans.

The guy where we were sitting was suck a fuckface we moved seats at halftime.

Then after the game in the parking lot on the way to the truck some 45-50 year old woman tried to spit on me. She missed and I asked her if she wanted me to come a little closer and try again. Her and her husband were drunk and loudmouthed dickbags. Then there were the snowballs a group started throwing at us when we walked to my truck.

As usual the guys I tailgate with were awesome and that shit wouldn't fly around there. I was a little shocked since I have been there multiple times and never had a problem.

Good luck next weekend I hope you beat UNIs ass. Win 5

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    thats gotta be a long drive back to Western Montana...probably the same distance as Fargo to Frisco.

Glad you enjoyed it outside the game...NDSU would be a great game to visit if i were an opposing team fan...our tailgate is really good at getting opposing fans in our bus for shots.
    You never offered me shots on the bus.......... that I can remember

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Glad you had fun in Fargo despite your team's loss. I had the exact same experience in Missoula!

I love when the Bison play the Griz. Lots of history and tradition on both sides of the ball, and two great fanbases make for great tailgating, internet smack, and everything else you could possibly want out of college football.