Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana Post Game Thoughts.

Default Re: Montana Post Game Thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    If this has been talked about already I apologize, but who did the color commentary on ESPN3 yesterday? I had a few friends text me that all he could talk about was how great Montana was all during the game and said little about the Bison. All they knew is he was a black guy so I am guessing Jay Walker because he is a well known Bison hater. Anybody know?
    I don't know if he was bias. I just don't think he was very good. I thought he was stepping all over the play-by-play guy. Most color guys don't add much, so the less they talk the better.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

It was not Jay Walker, thank god. His name is Jay Taylor, and apparently he played DE in the NFL. Didn't think he was terribly biased, but he talked way too much considering his lack of knowledge about FCS. Mispronounced names left and right, misquoted stats, really made me believe that he doesn't know how the playoff system works. Lots of times he ended a thought without making much sense. That said, he was better than Walker, and was better than the guy doing the UNI/PSU game.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I thought MJ Stumpf looked like a beast yesterday. Not sure if Montana was slow coming out of the backfield, or if MJ has always had speed, just never showed it. Hopefully he can step it up like that through the rest of the playoffs.....and he and DeLuca are back next year too...that is a very comfortable feeling.

Champ should stay off social media, but I think it was him with a shoestring tackle where he didn't give up on a guy that was a prime example of the team tackling, wrapping better and having the pride to not give up on any tackles.

Very improved.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    It was not Jay Walker, thank god. His name is Jay Taylor, and apparently he played DE in the NFL. Didn't think he was terribly biased, but he talked way too much considering his lack of knowledge about FCS. Mispronounced names left and right, misquoted stats, really made me believe that he doesn't know how the playoff system works. Lots of times he ended a thought without making much sense. That said, he was better than Walker, and was better than the guy doing the UNI/PSU game.
    All of this is accurate...and also he mentioned about 57 players who will be playing in the NFL. Apparently these teams are loaded.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't think he was biased towards Montana at all. If anything, they talked about NDSU more. People will hear what they want to hear though, I guess. I agree he talked a lot and made everyone out to be future NFL players. Not the most polished guy, but hey, he's a color guy for ESPN 3, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I agree to a point.

Stitt is an ass. He called out players on another team. He can go..........

Of course, the better lesson is to teach Champ about the power he has over Stitt when his team and coaching gets embarrassed and you DON'T say anything.
    MMcF's take on Stit...

Montana coach Bob Stitt is a little different cat. He’s an extremely confident guy, that was obvious back in August when the Griz beat the Bison in Missoula, but his postgame press conference Saturday evening reeked of an absolute stubbornness to acknowledge NDSU’s obvious defensive improvement throughout the year or the Bison’s game-planning that utterly befuddled Griz QB Brady Gustafson and the Montana offense. I understand that you don’t want to kiss your opponents’ rear ends and pump them up too much, but Stitt almost seemed delusional. He kept referring to the game “snowballing” on the Griz and when I straightforward asked whether he thought the Bison defense had improved since August (which it markedly has) Stitt said, “Well, it’s the same guys.” He had also said in some remarks earlier in the week that the Bison were “the same, exact team” but that HIS team had improved markedly. If a coach watched film of the Griz’s victory over Montana on Aug. 29 and then watched film of the Bison’s final three or four regular-season games, there’s no way you could see the same defense. It’s almost, oddly, like Stitt viewed the victory in August as some sort of lasting moment whereas Bison coach Chris Klieman had told everybody all year that his defense was going to struggle early in the season and be better by the end of the season. Klieman has been spot-on. That’s why this quote from Klieman was so telling: “You don’t win national championships in August. You win the suckers in December.” - See more at: http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2015/1....q2G7IncL.dpuf

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

Well Stitt was right. A team does go through their QB. Easton was solid and GusGus was, well...

Gustafson folded just as suspected with any pressure, he absolutely sucks if you put a hand within 4 feet of him
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant