Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa State

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Iowa State

This is going to be a huge test, as far as high majors go we actually match up fairly well size wise with Iowa St as McKay at 6'9" is their tallest guy in their 7 man rotation, he is however far more athletic than any of our bigs and will be a tough matchup. Niang is their best player, AJ should match up fairly well with him but he needs to stay out of foul trouble which is going to be tough. Iowa St is so good because of their balance, all five of their starters are averaging between 13.8 and 16.8ppg and they can shoot. We will definitely miss Kory Brown on defense and in rebounding in this game which sucks. If we are going to win this game we are going to have to shoot at a very high percentage, get to the free throw line, not turn the ball over and keep McKay off the offensive glass. If we do that along with playing our normally solid defense we have a shot but if we start slow like we have the last couple games we'll fall behind and not be able to catch up. We've shot the ball fairly consistently at an average of 44% on the season but we have had the last couple games in the 30's in the first have and then over 50% in the 2nd half. I think we'll need to be over 50% for this game if we are going to beat this team on the road.

Yes, AJ & Niang matching up is one of the keys. Niang is strong, so sure
    hope Jacobson avoids foul trouble. Big Dex may have to play alongside
    Kading/DMiller to help on these D match-ups.

Hoping P. Miller can go off like Woody used to do in big games. He has the drive, determination and confidence to take over a game like this. And with his shooting ability, especially from beyond the arc, he can really keep us in this game. Hope Khy can remain calm handling the offense as he's done a great job so far. Malik has been great offensively as well. Play our game, make the hustle plays and have fun! Keep it within 10 at the end and I'll be very happy!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Just off Iowa states website I think. They seem to somehow show up on rebroadcast websites sometimes but I would guess listening is going to be the only option. I have paid for crappy streams to many times that it isn't happening anymore.
    Thanks. It is a bummer that we can't watch this game. It will be fun to listen to and see how the boys do.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

I don't have time to ck... but I hope someone has posted the "What's Buggin' Andy" video!!! All about Iowa State and NDSU fans!

An article on Iowa State PG Monte Morris.....

The assist-to-turnover ratio statistic has come the way for many to define and discuss Iowa State point guard Monte Morris, and with good reason. He set an NCAA record as a freshman with a 4.8-to-1 mark and led the country in the category against as sophomore with a 4.6-to-1 ratio. This year it’s been even better with 35 assists against just six turnovers through five games for a 5.8-to-1 number

See more at: http://m.amestrib.com/sports/men-s-b....iTiax62V.dpuf

Morris said his in-game approach hasn’t changed much this season under Prohm after spending his first two collegiate seasons under current Chicago Bulls head coach Fred Hoiberg.

“Two different displays of coaches asking for the same thing,” Morris said. “Coach Prohm always wants me to push the ball, Fred always would always want me to push the ball. Fred would always tell me it’s my pace that dictates the whole game. I’m still using that to this day playing under Prohm.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I believe Cyclone.tv is $ 9.95 (one month subscription)

http://www.cyclones.com/liveEvents/l...B_OEM_ID=10700

FYI, this site uses Neulion . . .

Fuck Iowa St. Oh Im just going to go ahead and lose to UAB in the first fucking round. what a bunch of cowards.

I've got NDSU winning by 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Really big test for the Bison tonight. ISUr played #1 Kentucky tough last night and only lost of 12 points. Bison can not afford a slow start in this game or it will be over early. Drive to the basket and make the refs call fouls. Kentucky was 29-46 in freethrows last night while ISUr was only 8-10. You can not sit back and expect to bomb away with these guys and win. Sorry for the ISUr stats and talk but we can stay close and we can win this game. Go Bison.
    UK played without their floor general Tyler Ulis. If he played they win by 20.

I think we keep it close in the first half. Gotta keep them off the boards and stay out of foul trouble to have any shot.
    Iowa St. 65
    Bison 53