Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa State

Default Iowa State

Big test on the road for NDSU against #5 ranked Iowa State

ISU notes.....

- The Cyclones won three games last week by an average of 17.7 points, disposing of one of the best mid-major teams in Chattanooga and a pair of power-5 teams in Virginia Tech and Illinois.
    - Iowa State has five players averaging at least 13 points
    - All five Cyclone starters are shooting at least 51 percent from the field.
    - Georges Niang is leading the Cyclones in scoring with 16.8 ppg
    - ISU has been to a school-record four consecutive NCAA Tournaments.
    - The Cyclones have won back-to-back Big 12 Tournament titles
    - ISU has bettered its preseason Big 12 prediction four consecutive seasons...ISU was picked third in this season’s preseason poll
    - ISU’s defense has held its first five opponents to just 67.8 points and 39.3 percent from the field...30.6% on 3's

http://m.cyclones.com/mobile/ViewArt..._OEM_ID=10700&

2015-16 IOWA STATE CYCLONES
    Possible Starters
    No-Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Yr. Hometown (Last School) Pts. Reb. Asst.
    31-Georges Niang F 6-8 230 Sr. Methuen, Mass. (Tilton) 16.8 5.6 4.0
    Preseason All-American; 13th at ISU with 1,593 points; only player in nation w/1,500 pts, 500 rebs, 300 assts.
    2-Abdel Nader F 6-6 225 Sr.# Skokie, Ill. (Northern Illinois) 14.2 6.4 1.6
    First double-double as a Cyclone vs. VT w/16pts & 14rbs; ISU is 13-1 when he plays 20 minutes.
    11-Monté Morris G 6-3 175 Jr. Flint, Mich. (Beecher) 14.8 4.0 7.0
    One of the nation’s top point guards; 345 career assists and just 72 turnovers.
    15-Nazareth Mitrou-Long G 6-4 208 Sr. Mississauga, Ontario (St. Martin) 14.2 2.4 1.4
    159 career 3-pointers; 14 career games with four or more threes made.
    1-Jameel McKay F 6-9 225 Sr.# Milwaukee, Wis. (Marquette) 13.8 10.4 1.4
    2015 Big 12 Defensive POY; double-digit rebounds in 7 of his last 12 games; game-high 23 pts vs. VT.

http://m.cyclones.com/pdf9/4195006.pdf
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-01-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Default Re: Iowa State

Really big test for the Bison tonight. ISUr played #1 Kentucky tough last night and only lost of 12 points. Bison can not afford a slow start in this game or it will be over early. Drive to the basket and make the refs call fouls. Kentucky was 29-46 in freethrows last night while ISUr was only 8-10. You can not sit back and expect to bomb away with these guys and win. Sorry for the ISUr stats and talk but we can stay close and we can win this game. Go Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison have to have a guy out there with a "take it to em I'm taking this team on my back" attitude. Someone has to take over and play assertive and nasty for us or this will get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Bison have to have a guy out there with a "take it to em I'm taking this team on my back" attitude. Someone has to take over and play assertive and nasty for us or this will get ugly.

It may be time to "go Gonzaga all over somebody's asses!"

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

It may be time to "go Gonzaga all over somebody's asses!"
    He has to. If 3 guys can do that we might just pull off the greatest upset in Bison BBall history

The last few games this team is starting to look more and more like Paul Millers team. He has stepped up with finishing drives and outside shooting. Seems to really be taking the leadership role. He about broke a few ankles on the one move last Saturday infront of the Bison bench, it was pretty. The thing I will be watching for tonight is hopefully we can limit turn overs. We need to take care of the ball, sometimes our O gets to predictable and a good quick team can jump passes. Iowa St is a good quick team so hopefully we take care of the ball.

It would have been really nice to have our best defensive player on the floor but it is what it is.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The last few games this team is starting to look more and more like Paul Millers team. He has stepped up with finishing drives and outside shooting. Seems to really be taking the leadership role. He about broke a few ankles on the one move last Saturday infront of the Bison bench, it was pretty. The thing I will be watching for tonight is hopefully we can limit turn overs. We need to take care of the ball, sometimes our O gets to predictable and a good quick team can jump passes. Iowa St is a good quick team so hopefully we take care of the ball.

It would have been really nice to have our best defensive player on the floor but it is what it is.
    Agreed with a lot of what you said but one question. Is there video for this game?

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    Agreed with a lot of what you said but one question. Is there video for this game?
    Just off Iowa states website I think. They seem to somehow show up on rebroadcast websites sometimes but I would guess listening is going to be the only option. I have paid for crappy streams to many times that it isn't happening anymore.

hope its respectable, they atart slow like the last couple games and it could be damn ugly by half, and i dont see a comeback like Montana and NC A&T

need to play point for point keep it close, this could be a good day if they come out firing
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    I believe Cyclone.tv is $ 9.95 (one month subscription)

http://www.cyclones.com/liveEvents/l...B_OEM_ID=10700