Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Waking the Giant

Default Re: Waking the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Where the hell did Entzion come from and where is he at?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    He came from UND. Not sure where he is now.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    He came from UND. Not sure where he is now.
    Out of football since Omaha.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

I believe he works and lives in the Duluth area but not in sports administration

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Out of football since Omaha.
    http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...ector/?id=9081

Yeah........dark times.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Entzion played FB at Moorhead State and worked 3 jobs, Kirby's NSP etc to get through school. He got his PHd at USD and was as assistant AD at UND when he applied at NDSU. I was on the search committee. He was the best candidate of those left during the process. A young guy originally from Moorhead (Sjelgavold) who was at I think TCU dropped out. That more of less left us with Bob. He did a pretty good job hiring coaches, but he and Rocky who I think he let go didn't see eye to eye, probably from moral reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Didn't Hauck leave to coach unlv?
    Yes he did ( and it didn't work out so well at UNLV). I believe he felt something amiss (saw the handwriting on the wall) in the administration and chose to leave before the hammer fell...... anyway, he left the bar so high at UNLV that they hired a high school coach to replace him.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am skeptical that Rocky's hands were tied on discipline. Lived here and saw the BS first hand. NDSU football reputation was not good outside of the NDSU crowd in Fargo when Rocky then thankfully the AD left. Fargo was done with the BS that was going on I can tell you that. I find the notion some have that Babbich wrecked the NDSU program laughable. The truth is... He repaired a TON of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I am skeptical that Rocky's hands were tied on discipline. Lived here and saw the BS first hand. NDSU football reputation was not good outside of the NDSU crowd in Fargo when Rocky then thankfully the AD left. Fargo was done with the BS that was going on I can tell you that. I find the notion some have that Babbich wrecked the NDSU program laughable. The truth is... He repaired a TON of damage.
    If there is anyone who can speak on the Rocky/Entzion dynamic its CAS
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know the dynamics there. I posted the truth about what people outside of the program were saying in Fargo. The truth is closer to the middle I would guess.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    Babbich was coach when I was at NDSU and if that was repairing damage things had to be a mess before he got there. Lamar could do whatever he wanted and still play on Saturdays. I have an uncle who was a team maker with seats on the 35 yard line when the dome opened up. My first Bison game was Pitt state in the dome still have the green domer hanky. (I got left at grandma's for the outside games said I couldn't handle the cold but I think dad and my uncle's just wanted to drink.). Something happened with babbich that made my uncle quit TM give up his seats and to this day he won't go in the dome. I've offered him my tickets and he won't go. He blames Babbich.

Lardsin must go!