Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Conference Future

Default Re: Summit Conference Future

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I wonder how abou conference play will hurt the Summit's RPI. This is still amazing for the Summit. It must be the best it has ever been.
    It shouldn't make much of a difference once we get into conference play especially with a true round robin format. For instance, right now ORU is an RPI top 40 team so they'll likely come back down to the pack during the conference season but all the other teams playing them should get a boost.

I have been watching the attendance numbers around the league...appears to be greater interest this year in the product. Published attendance for the Montana State game was over 2500, so NDSU MB seems to be on solid ground too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Don't underestimate the effect of actually packing a smaller arena rather than having a large one half full
    Very true. I think Duke's arena only seats about 5,000, not counting student seats on the floor. No one would ever suggest that place doesn't have energy.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Summit hit #9 on RealTimeRPI. Inched past Mountain West.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Very true. I think Duke's arena only seats about 5,000, not counting student seats on the floor. No one would ever suggest that place doesn't have energy.
    Cameron Indoor seats a little over 9,000 but yes that plays is always packed full of energy and an amazing atmosphere. Take that in comparison to a place like the Carrier Dome where Syracuse plays that seats like 49,000 and while it obviously will get louder because of all the people the atmosphere and energy itself I wouldn't say is any better than it is at Duke. If people wanted a bigger stadium for basketball then more people should have been attending games over the years. Hard to think you need more than 5500 seats when your average attendance is only 2,500. Yes being off campus hurts the student attendance but the last year in the BSA we only averaged 3,300. I'd rather get these games sold out and have a crowd of 5500 than have a 10,000 seat arena 1/3 full that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Summit hit #9 on RealTimeRPI. Inched past Mountain West.
    How high does RPI need to get to where there are potential chances for an at large bid?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    How high does RPI need to get to where there are potential chances for an at large bid?
    There right now, imo.....but that rpi will come down as the regular season starts rolling along.

Awesome stride this year, gotta keep the OOC strong and winning some
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    There right now, imo.....but that rpi will come down as the regular season starts rolling along.

Awesome stride this year, gotta keep the OOC strong and winning some
    Yeah, we were at #8 for a day or so, but have dropped to #10. I expect a drop to #12-15 over the next couple weeks. It's not so much that the Summit's RPI will drop, as that the RPIs of those conferences just below us will rise as they enter conference play.

As for an at-large, I suppose if SDSU(45) and ORU(48) continued to win and met in the Summit finals, it might just possibly happen, but I doubt it. I think the Summit needs to prove itself in the Dance before a second bid is seriously considered. If NDSU had made the S16 last year, maybe. Or maybe three years in a row of a Summit team advancing out of the first round. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Yeah, we were at #8 for a day or so, but have dropped to #10. I expect a drop to #12-15 over the next couple weeks. It's not so much that the Summit's RPI will drop, as that the RPIs of those conferences just below us will rise as they enter conference play.

As for an at-large, I suppose if SDSU(45) and ORU(48) continued to win and met in the Summit finals, it might just possibly happen, but I doubt it. I think the Summit needs to prove itself in the Dance before a second bid is seriously considered. If NDSU had made the S16 last year, maybe. Or maybe three years in a row of a Summit team advancing out of the first round. Something like that.
    Yeah, many scenarios for an at large...too much season left to even predict that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I think if you are playing in conference only; the RPI of the conference shouldn't change- just teams in the conference will change but add up to the total conf #.