Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Conference Future

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Conference Future

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    MVC isn't happening and I wouldn't want to be in with those privates with their noses in the air and anti FB agenda. Both the MAC and MWC are too far away to make logistical sense but if one came calling it would have to be considered. I'd rather see a new FBS conference formed with NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD, UM, MSU, UNI, Missouri State, maybe the Idaho schools.
    I don't know how realistic that ever happening is but I like it. That would make for a fun conference

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If we're going with pie in the sky fantasy, then why not the AAC? If they get raided by the big 12 again, they'll be looking for good football/bball programs.

All I know is I want teams in the conference that are good, have solid facilities, and good attendance and great atmospheres. Getting games televised is huge too. Were not even there yet with a weak TV schedule for home games.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    MVC isn't happening and I wouldn't want to be in with those privates with their noses in the air and anti FB agenda. Both the MAC and MWC are too far away to make logistical sense but if one came calling it would have to be considered. I'd rather see a new FBS conference formed with NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD, UM, MSU, UNI, Missouri State, maybe the Idaho schools.
    No way in hell UNI or Missouri St would ever downgrade from the MVC. Their next step if they ever took one would be up to a P5.

They just signed a lucrative 10 year contract with ESPN, which not only helps significantly with funds but allows them to recruit nationally.

For myself MVC wold be dream scenario. High quality basketball conference with a lot of real good programs that care as much about their basketball as we do our football. They put money into their programs, some of the programs have got to a point where they are almost a destination job, look at UNI with Ben and WSU with Marshall. Marshall has his own private jet for recruiting through the school. Would also fit our recruiting footprint and their exposure only helps the schools recruit the best possible players.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    All I know is I want teams in the conference that are good, have solid facilities, and good attendance and great atmospheres. Getting games televised is huge too. Were not even there yet with a weak TV schedule for home games.
    Missouri Valley Conference is our friend on this. Look at a program like WSU to see the potential ceiling. There is absolutely nothing "mid major" about WSU. Sadly they have arguably been the best basketball program in the state of Kansas over the last handful of years when considering the March tournament.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also as nice as everyone believes the SHAC is going to be, now it becomes the smallest in a conference like the MVC...these guys have some serious arenas, look 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Also as nice as everyone believes the SHAC is going to be, now it becomes the smallest in a conference like the MVC...these guys have some serious arenas, look 'em up.
    I'm sure the plans for the SHAC have a contingency for possible future expansion

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't underestimate the effect of actually packing a smaller arena rather than having a large one half full

Coming down the stretch of the OOC season and the Summit is really positioned well. According to CBS Sports it's the 10th ranked conference in the nation in terms of Conference RPI. Unless you consider the MWC, AAC, or A-10 as mid-major conferences the Summit is the top rated mid-major conference in that nation in terms of RPI with the CAA nipping right at it's heels.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ogy/conference

Rank Conference RPI
    1 Pacific 12 Conference 0.5942
    2 Big 12 Conference 0.5899
    3 Big East Conference 0.5863
    4 Southeastern Conference 0.5773
    5 Atlantic Coast Conference 0.5721
    6 Atlantic 10 Conference 0.5545
    7 Big Ten Conference 0.5543
    8 Mountain West Conference 0.5309
    9 American Athletic Conference 0.5300
    10 Summit League 0.5279
    11 Colonial Athletic Assn 0.5250
    12 Big West Conference 0.5139
    13 Missouri Valley Conference 0.5039
    14 Mid American Conference 0.4994
    15 Horizon League 0.4928
    16 West Coast Conference 0.4870
    17 Southern Conference 0.4861
    18 Sun Belt Conference 0.4806
    19 Ohio Valley Conference 0.4715
    20 Conference 0.4712
    21 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conf 0.4644
    22 Ivy League 0.4641
    23 America East Conference 0.4569
    24 Atlantic Sun 0.4537
    25 Southwestern Athletic Conference 0.4528
    26 Southland Conference 0.4505
    27 Patriot League 0.4497
    28 Big South Conference 0.4470
    29 Big Sky Conference 0.4407
    30 Western Athletic Conference 0.4328
    31 Mid Eastern Athletic Conference 0.4171
    32 Northeast Conference 0.4131

This better translate into higher than a gd 14 or 15 seed in the big dance for the league champ this year.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder how abou conference play will hurt the Summit's RPI. This is still amazing for the Summit. It must be the best it has ever been.