Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst call in history NCAA football.

Default Re: Worst call in history NCAA football.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    You know, some of your opponents might think it odd to have this thread on your site, but not include any horrible calls for which you have been the beneficiary. Just saying.
    How could that ever be a bad call? Would clearly have to be a make-up call.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You know, some of your opponents might think it odd to have this thread on your site, but not include any horrible calls for which you have been the beneficiary. Just saying.

The title of the thread is "Worst call in history NCAA football". Calls not beneficial to the Bison do not qualify.
    Last edited by Green1; 11-25-2015 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    The infamous 5th down play was 100x worse than this. The two shouldn't even be compared. That extra play ended up completely changing the National Championship picture and essentially gave Colorado the title that year.

And why is this video from 2010 posted in the Bison football forum? This is old AF and has nothing to do with NDSU.

I vote to ban the OP.
    I totally agree---ban the bum.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    I nominate this one:

Isn't this pretty much just a run-of-the-mill guy-to-retaliate-gets the flag call?

And the initial facemask doesn't look intentional. Of course, not to me. A.J. Klein would never do that. FYI, he plays for the Carolina Panthers now.

Did you not see my post? That bogus PI call GAVE us that game, GAVE it to us I tell you!

*I will say the booth review that over turned that catch along the sideline against Coastal last year was a head scratcher that went our way

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    The ENTIRE Eastern Washington game.

Still bitter about that.

Dont know what you are bitter about. We couldnt stop them. We couldnt put them away.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You guys are killing me here. I can't really defend any of these.

I will say on the missed FM by Iowa State, I know how that was missed. If you watch the sideline video, the only officials that would possibly be watching that area are the U (behind the defense), L (near sideline) and R (white hat). None of them have an angle to see the facemask. There are several players between the U and the pile when this happens. The L is coming in to rule TD and is also shielded by players. The R won't see something like this from behind. The only action they can possibly see is the retaliation. It sucks but there isn't anything they could have done better on this play. They possibly still get downgraded for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonboone11 View Post
    Since someone brought up the EWU game...

I totally forgot about that play. Richards gets pulled down by the guy and gets a flag.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Florida vs Miss St. TD return a few years ago. The Florida player dropped the ball 5 yards before the end zone as he celebrated, it was reviewed but called a TD anyway.