Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Worst call in history NCAA football.

Default Re: Worst call in history NCAA football.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I nominate this one:

It sucked, but on the bright side, it became the catalyst for NDSU to be the team they are now.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I won't go back and review the original BV thread from that 2010 day, but remember being stunned that some were chastising members who were pissed about the fumble call on the tampon turf.

One of the hallmarks of hidden anger/passive aggressiveness is denial. (ie..... "ah c'mon, stop whining. Nothing is wrong with the call", etc.)

I find this behavior both fascinating and hilarious.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Dont know what you are bitter about. We couldnt stop them. We couldnt put them away.
    The "bounce pass" that was reviewed and STILL upheld, (by the way, the camera showed "Turf Turds" / "Turflets" being kicked up by the ball hitting and or grazing the surface. The "fumble to end the game" and i know there was a couple others, but i can't think of them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Our #7 got called for being off-sides. There was no #7. And by rule it is okay for the kicker to step over the line.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20002...tball/60580642

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/...st/Onside3.png

We had a comeback underway.
    What year was that? If it was this year the guy on the bottom is behind the 5 yards behind the ball which is considered offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It sucked, but on the bright side, it became the catalyst for NDSU to be the team they are now.
    This is BV---the glass is never half full.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The inadvertent whistle at northwest missouri state that cost NDSU a defensive TD and gave ball back to NWMS. Totally changed the outcome of that game and cost Babbich a NC for the Bison.U

The selection committee sending 10-1 NDSU on the road to play 10-1 DeltaState. NDSUonlyloss was 6-3 against #2 UNO while Delta's was a 14+ loss town unranked team....JESUS. That one really was hard to defend especially due to the condition of their field. Kitty litter bowl.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That inadvertent whistle was in payback for the one in a 1982 quarterfinal playoff game with Virginia Union. An inadvertent whistle on an apparent Virginia Union pass interception, and the ball was returned to the Panther 14 yard line. The Bison scored four plays later and won the game 21-20.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Worst call of the three at EWU was the one called on Austin Richard. Guy must have been blind to call that one.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    What year was that? If it was this year the guy on the bottom is behind the 5 yards behind the ball which is considered offside.
    Seriously? I guess there are rules against getting to big of a headstart. I've never heard the refs call explained this way, including by the refs themselves, but that makes more sense than anything I've ever heard.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Definitely before that rule change. I think the YouTube video embedded in the article was 2010 or 2011. They all started 10 yards back. I have no idea what the guy on the other side saw. He may have been fooled with the timing of the kick and location of the kicking team players.