Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New practice facility

Default Re: New practice facility

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I give plenty for my liking. I also don't do projects half assed. Just because we are coming from a hole in the ground arena, for the millions we are spending, it should be new. If you bought a new car what would you think if the drivers seat was used and didn't match the rest of the seats?
    I think you'd keep driving your old beater because you don't do things half assed.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I give plenty for my liking. I also don't do projects half assed. Just because we are coming from a hole in the ground arena, for the millions we are spending, it should be new. If you bought a new car what would you think if the drivers seat was used and didn't match the rest of the seats?

We're spending less than it would take to do all new with what they're going to get out of the Shac. Plans indicated for the seats to be replaced, I don't have any insider info on what's happened since the bid to why they aren't being replaced now if that info is true. But a good .5 million might help them get it replaced. We're not talking about a $30,000 car here the money is much more substantial. The old stadia under the west side wasn't removed/redone at all. Should they have done that too??

Bisonville is full of remodeling experts. Not that is a surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    We're spending less than it would take to do all new with what they're going to get out of the Shac. Plans indicated for the seats to be replaced, I don't have any insider info on what's happened since the bid to why they aren't being replaced now if that info is true. But a good .5 million might help them get it replaced. We're not talking about a $30,000 car here the money is much more substantial. The old stadia under the west side wasn't removed/redone at all. Should they have done that too??

Bisonville is full of remodeling experts. Not that is a surprise to me.
    You have season tickets, are you going to volunteer to have your seats next year in the old part then???????? Not saying I am a expert but I do come in contact with quite a few season ticket holders and others that go to the basketball games and not many want seats next year in the that part and most shake their head that the old seats are not being replaced. Hopefully the money is found and the seats will be replaced. Hey maybe I am wrong but I have been told by more than one source that right now they are being left as they were.

Wasn't the pool on the west side?? That was removed and repurposed.

My dream scenario would be to tear down the old west side, continue the new seating about 5-10 rows up, and then put in suites along the west side. It's the one thing I think they're missing out on that they need. Put the cameramen on top of the suites which should give them a better view of play other than having beams in the top 1/4 of the zoomed out shots. Extra revenue coming in from the suites as well.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I seriously cannot wait for the new arena to open!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    My dream scenario would be to tear down the old west side, continue the new seating about 5-10 rows up, and then put in suites along the west side. It's the one thing I think they're missing out on that they need. Put the cameramen on top of the suites which should give them a better view of play other than having beams in the top 1/4 of the zoomed out shots. Extra revenue coming in from the suites as well.
    Why don't they just remove all the old seats on the west side and install bench seats. I thought the lower part of that side will have bench seats for students anyway? This would increase seating capacity and provide some less expensive seats for families, etc.

You have season tickets, are you going to volunteer to have your seats next year in the old part then???????? Not saying I am a expert but I do come in contact with quite a few season ticket holders and others that go to the basketball games and not many want seats next year in the that part and most shake their head that the old seats are not being replaced. Hopefully the money is found and the seats will be replaced. Hey maybe I am wrong but I have been told by more than one source that right now they are being left as they were.

Wasn't the pool on the west side?? That was removed and repurposed.

Likely not, but not because of the seats being old but since they're restricted to a certain knee room dimension. Old seats were way too close for me, so of they are staying no can do. Not sure if new seats would be able to solve the problem? I get it seats there are undesirable by some but were more desirable than a hard wood plank. I picked the plank because I'm not a short boy by any stretch of imagination. Again we're not buying a new car so we can't demand the top of the line arena. If we could we wouldn't be having this convo. To build a new facility with all the stuff we're doing would easily been in the $65-$70 million range. The addition to the dome with no coaches offices, weight room training rooms and dedicated locker rooms and practice facility was over $50 million..... We haven't even hit the $44 million mark for the SHAC yet as far as I know. You can't say that a new facility would have raised money to the tune of $20 million more automatically can you??

They had to pick what items of BSA they could live with that would save them money the swimming pool was serving no purpose at all. The west side seats/stadia is.

The plans called for new seats there so would wait until I hear solid proof they are not being replaced before getting to worked up. Regardless they can be replaced at anytime during any offseason.

To SDBison: Student seating will now be in the south end. Likely teammakers will get the sidelines seats.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SHAC will be awesome, but practice facility is also HUGE