Rather than post in other threads or create a new thread for each open tourney, I figured I'd keep all of my redshirt postings in here. I think if we were to make our best lineup right now, it would include 3 redshirts: Fogarty, Nielson, and Eaton. That is encouraging to an extent for the future, but could make for a long dual season. Some notes I've been wanting to get out:

133 is an interesting weight. Nico Colunga intrigues me a lot at 133. He's a Californian, very long and lanky and has had some solid matches. He's been a bit inconsistent, but I'm very excited to see how he progresses with Manny and Garnett teaching him up. The win over Blake Bosch is very good. Needs to get stronger. David Flynn has been very solid too at 133 and beat Bosch as well. I don't know how difficult it is for him to maintain his weight, but if he could make 125 down the line, I could see him being a god fit there. I see him as slightly better than Colunga right now, but he looks very polished and I just get the sense Colunga has more room for improvement. Landeros is a JC transfer and has beaten quality SDSU backup Ben Gillette this year.

Nick Mergen doesn't have a great record, but he's shown some good things. I'll be interested to see his progress through the year. He could be a key backup the next couple years in the middle and could spend a couple years in the lineup a few years down the road.

Fogarty looks like the real deal at 157. The one area where I could see him standing to improve is strength, which is very understandable. If he could add a bit of strength and maintain 157, look out. He looks like a 4 year starter.

Nielson has been up and down thus far at 174, but he's shown me more than any other 174 so far. I'll be honest, I didn't expect a ton from him when he signed, so I've been happy to be proven wrong here. Hopefully he continues to improve. Harrington has been solid at 174 as well. He let his temper get away from him Saturday, but having a coach in his corner probably would solve that. It happens. Of the guys on the roster one of these two probably is the best candidate to replace Zillmer. They both may wind up long term starters.

Eaton looks like the best 197 we have to me. He initiates more offense than Paxton and they have split on the year. Paxton appears a great deal stronger, but an offseason of focus on strength could have Eaton looking pretty formidable. I think he has a great chance to start at 197 next year.

At HWT, Stibral is the best of the freshman bunch right now, and that is what was expected. He moves well at times and can shoot well. Needs to get better on bottom and get lighter/better movement on his feet. Feola and Hagen are the wild cards here. If they can add a lot of strength while maintaining there speed and agility, they could take the HWT of the future role from Stibral.

On the whole, the class is looking likely to produce a bunch of multi year starters. The ceiling of those guys remains to be seen, but I'm coming around a bit more the more I see. The strength coach could make this class even better this offseason.