Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Bunnies or Grizz? Who do you want to see us face on Dec. 5?

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bunnies or Grizz? Who do you want to see us face on Dec. 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Montana is flat out a better team right now. Healthy QB, pair of explosive receivers and I feel a better defense at this point. WIth that say, you know damn well our kids and fans would LOVE revenge on that opening season loss. SDSU knows what to expect out of us, and I think absolutely DOMINATING them earlier in the year works against us. These are KIDS and I would worry that the kids would think they are automatically better than SDSU and not as pumped up to play them??? Personally, I feel like the dome would be a ZOO against a no huddle fast paced Montana team and I would love to see that, even though they are the better team right now. I want to see CJ Smith against Montana. Plus, I really like the way we are running the ball right now.
    Their receivers are good, I hope our secondary dont spin arround those WRs like a holla hoop around their waist and drop down to the ground.
    Last edited by GOBISON123; 11-27-2015 at 01:30 AM.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    MT was very fortunate to win the opener. 3-4 circus catches that likely will never be duplicated. Our very young safeties and olbs are playing much better as are our DEs. Our running game is much better imho. We have a better kicking game and our crowd will make a difference. Plus our play calling should be better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    A whole week to work on bad habits the Bison have formed over the season like positioning and open field tackling and then a whole week of preparing for either the bunnies or griz after they are beat each other up, I like our chances coupled with the things you have said have gotten better. I think our defensive line rotation is in a groove and is paying off in the fourth quarter where their pressure is really shining through. While our DBs are getting better every game, they don't have to be all-world if the QB doesn't have time to set his feet and throw. I expect there has been some considerable amount of time spent on fundamentals and that should scare anyone. If just a couple of defenders pickup how to leverage position just a little bit, it would go a long ways as far as opponents thinking they can attack a weakness they saw a month ago.

SDSU only worries me because they came into the dome last year for the playoffs with a different game plan and executed it pretty well. I don't know if they can replicate that kind of success because it does go completely against any conventional wisdom. Generally, you don't change up what got you to the playoffs, but they did and it was effective. It wasn't enough, but not by much. Stigs might think he can do it again and change how they play bunny football and it could completely backfire on him, but history has shown his program is pretty tight and has the capacity to do what he wants a little more often than not. So my concern is he has the one program who can go completely off script and actually execute effectively. The other side is they still are a team, like in the past, who rely on 3 or 4 players for an ultra majority of their offense. You keep Wieneke, Paris, and Mengarelli out of end zone, any team has a chance. Those three combine for way over half the team's TDs. Relative to the Bison who have had 11 guys score multiple TDs. The Griz are more in-between with 5-6 guys who contribute a lot to the offense but still rely heavily on mainly 3 or 4. It will take guys who are typically role players to step up and beat the Bison.

So overall, SDSU has less big tools they use but have an interesting coach who could successfully implement a whole new game plan. The griz have more tools, but collectively they are smaller tools than SDSU but know how to use them all. I can't see the griz trying to anything much differently than how they did it in game 1. Sure a person can dissect the game 100 different ways and show how a few different moves by the Bison gives a different result, but that plan worked and resulted in a Montana win. Either program presents unique challenges but if playoff Bison mode show up, it is over quickly and decisively against either opponent in NDSU's favor. Coach K and 2 weeks = huge edge against just about anyone.

MT was very fortunate to win the opener. 3-4 circus catches that likely will never be duplicated. Our very young safeties and olbs are playing much better as are our DEs. Our running game is much better imho. We have a better kicking game and our crowd will make a difference. Plus our play calling should be better.

The stars sure seemed to line up for UM that day. Most of the 50/50 plays went their way, IMO. The 2 games the Bison have lost this season, both games were similar in that, an injured Bison QB was left to finish the game. I don't discount posters on BV that say UM is improved, I also know the Bison have improved on both sides of the ball and on special teams. I would like to see a re-match in Fargo, I think the Bison would win impressively.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Why is the game at MT?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Why is the game at MT?

They likely put in a much higher bid than SDSU who probably went in with as much money they felt they could lose with hosting in Sioux Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    They likely put in a much higher bid than SDSU who probably went in with as much money they felt they could lose with hosting in Sioux Falls.
    My guess is they bid the minimum assuming they would be a seed....
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Looks like the only tv option is espn3?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Looks like the only tv option is espn3?

directv espn Xtra channel 795

again damn I love DTV for sports
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Game will be decided by the amount of reps Lugan has vs TC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Bunnies are pooping their Sam Houston diaper pants!!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com