Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turf toe remedies

Default Turf toe remedies

Hey all you old athletes on the board... I am looking for remedies for Turf Toe! Is there anything that one of you found to help this aggravating injury? I am looking for any ideas. If you have ever had this injury, you know the frustration that this injury brings. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Default Re: Turf toe remedies

Hey bg, I had this back in '87.... Played with it the whole season. Just takes time and rest. I don't believe there is any miracle cure. Therapy for "turf toe" is to protect, rest, ice, apply compression and elevate the foot and to take anti inflammatory medications such as Advil. In other words, go to the fridge and grab a twelve-pack... sit down in the lazy-boy recliner... put your feet up... place an ice pack on your foot... turn on the TV to ESPN. Repeat every hour. Remember your injured so chores and errands will have to wait.

And drink plenty of fluids. BUD SELECT REALLY WORKS WELL+++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Sticks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sambini
    And drink plenty of fluids. BUD SELECT REALLY WORKS WELL+++++++++++++
    Sambo,

What is it with you and Bud Select? ;D

Sambini is the official spokesman for Bud Select

533 In a row

So, being the official spokesperson...that should warrant some pretty good benefits. Guessing he's got a few clydesdales running around in his back yard!!!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

It pays the bills++++++++++++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by bisongold
    Hey all you old athletes on the board... I am looking for remedies for Turf Toe! *Is there anything that one of you found to help this aggravating injury? *I am looking for any ideas. *If you have ever had this injury, you know the frustration that this injury brings. *Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    I had it in high school. *Not really much we could do for it. *I ran around with a big styrofoam pad taped to the top of my shoe. I was also the punter, up until that happened. *It was way too painful to kick after that, not to mention the styrofoam would have brought my "amazing" punting average down from 25 yards to about 15 yards.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by bisongold
    Hey all you old athletes on the board... I am looking for remedies for Turf Toe! *Is there anything that one of you found to help this aggravating injury? *I am looking for any ideas. *If you have ever had this injury, you know the frustration that this injury brings. *Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tape Aspirin on your toe............................................... ........................................

There is no magic cure Ice it and rest is all I know

I had a bad one in 1976 when NDSU Freshmen team went and played Mayville State at Mayville.

Any Guesses on final score????

BisonMav Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wacker_in_the_Hall
    Tape Aspirin on your toe............................................... ........................................

There is no magic cure * Ice it and rest is all I know

I had a bad one in 1976 when NDSU Freshmen team went and played Mayville State at Mayville.

Any Guesses on final score????
    Mayville St was 3-5 in 1976. I'd say the Bison TE caught a couple TD's, maybe 44-0?